Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Hi all.

So, I have figured a lot of stuff out on my new webos 2.1 phone. And found quite a few really nice apps, add-ons and patches. There are still a couple of things I can't find that I miss from my old Treo680.

Several keyboard things...

• As someone mentioned in another old thread here, I really miss my menu button on the keyboard. Is there any special keyboard combo that will trigger the app menu to open?
    • Is there a way to access navigation arrows, up, down, left, right? I know I can bring up something that looks like a four-way arrow by holding the shift key, but I can't figure out how to move it from the keyboard.
    • On my Treo I had an add-on called "key caps"... Ah, I see there are (forums.precentral.net/web-os-development/184024-keycaps.html) a lot of votes for that already. Too bad Keyboss has problems and doesn't look to be updated recently.

The other thing I *really* miss is my calendar Agenda view!! With 2.1 it looks like I can use Exhibition mode to display a daily agenda, but it wants to pull all of my calendars. I can't find a way to select which calendars show. Shouldn't be a big deal, they are all your appointments, you say? Well, for some reason, it is wanting to show other people's calendars-- ones I am subscribed to in Google. But on all those other calendars, I can only see "busy" times making the agenda view useless. Is there a fix for this or an alternative?

Also, as far as I can tell from my Google'ing, we can't have contacts in groups and, therefore, can't have group based ringtones, right?

Thanks for any tips!!
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Come on! No one has any tips for me? At least someone must know what the trick is to limit the Exhibition mode agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by marysm View Post
    ...The other thing I *really* miss is my calendar Agenda view!! With 2.1 it looks like I can use Exhibition mode to display a daily agenda, but it wants to pull all of my calendars. I can't find a way to select which calendars show. Shouldn't be a big deal, they are all your appointments, you say? Well, for some reason, it is wanting to show other people's calendars-- ones I am subscribed to in Google. But on all those other calendars, I can only see "busy" times making the agenda view useless. Is there a fix for this or an alternative?
    sorry, but I'm still on 1.4.5. No exibition mode. I too came from a 680 and did miss a couple of features, but i guess i got over them cause I can't recall what they were!
    Hi Mary!

I had a Treo680 at one point too and the change over to webOS took a bit of time to adjust to, but I love it so much more. Yes, there are some apps like Agenda View that haven't been brought to webOS... yet.

I can help on a couple of your questions here:

As someone mentioned in another old thread here, I really miss my menu button on the keyboard. Is there any special keyboard combo that will trigger the app menu to open?
    There is no keyboard shortcut that I've ever heard of, but simply swipe UP from the gesture bar and you have your launcher (if that's what you mean by 'menu').

Is there a way to access navigation arrows, up, down, left, right? I know I can bring up something that looks like a four-way arrow by holding the shift key, but I can't figure out how to move it from the keyboard.
    Navigating the cursor around the screen is very easy. Simply hold the gray/white button while you move your finger across the screen. The cursor will follow your finger. If you hold the Shift button while dragging, it will highlight the text for copy/paste.

On my Treo I had an add-on called "key caps"... Ah, I see there are (forums.precentral.net/web-os-development/184024-keycaps.html) a lot of votes for that already. Too bad Keyboss has problems and doesn't look to be updated recently.
    Never used Keyboss, but there is a current thread running by a Homebrew Developer working on Keyboss for webOS.

As far as the Agenda view goes... there is currently no way to set specific calendars for viewing. I'd have to dig a bit to see if anyone has a 3rd party solution for that one. Not sure on that one.

I hope that helps a bit, but feel free to ask away if you have questions!

Thanks!
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 07/09/2011 at 11:11 PM.
    Once you have Preware installed, there are a few items in there that will help you, like a "today" view from an Advanced Patch. You can also use Exhibition to show a basic daily view.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    ...There is no keyboard shortcut that I've ever heard of, but simply swipe UP from the gesture bar and you have your launcher (if that's what you mean by 'menu').

Navigating the cursor around the screen is very easy. Simply hold the gray/white button while you move your finger across the screen. The cursor will follow your finger. If you hold the Shift button while dragging, it will highlight the text for copy/paste...
    Thanks, HelloNNNewman. I meant the top left menu in each application. Like the cursor navigation (which I figured out), I want to keep my hands on the keyboard while typing sometimes.

But, speaking of the application launcher, did you guys ever use "HiLaucher" from RNS? I loved it, especially the "recent applications" and phonebook shortcuts. I very rarely used the built in PalmOS Launcher. Any recently used programs list apps out there?

Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Once you have Preware installed, there are a few items in there that will help you, like a "today" view from an Advanced Patch. You can also use Exhibition to show a basic daily view.
    Thanks, Cantaffordit. I have the "Today" patch. It is close, at least it lets me pick which calendars to display, but I would like something to run when nothing else is going on-- like what Exhibition Mode is supposed to be. I found the now 2.0+ incompatible "Adgenda" app. Boy, that's what I want! Too bad it won't work with 2.1.