Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I'm reading through all the frustration about lack of press, limited placement of ads, slow ramp-up at retail, etc., I also see a mid-July launch for Pre3 in -Europe, along with the Line contest happening on FB ending mid-July,and some rumors about Sprint waiting on a decision from HP. So I'm wondering if on or around July 15th we will see the release of the Pre3 worldwide and then the full press on the full range of webOS products.
    I agree.

I think July 1st was a soft launch and the real party starts July 15.

I really think the soft launch was to get the device in the webos fans hands. get them to run through it really hard, find all the bugs so fixes can get out via ota or homebrew. This gives 2 weeks of in-depth feedback for hp and developers
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    The excuse for the Veer was 'soft-launch'. The July party was riddled with dissapointments. Unfortunately, these are first impressions. Why go to a party when the earlier promises didn't even meet expectations? Fool me twice...

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
    Palm III -> Treo 90 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Sprint FrankenPixi+ -> Blackberry Bold 9930
    Quote Originally Posted by libray View Post
    The excuse for the Veer was 'soft-launch'. The July party was riddled with dissapointments. Unfortunately, these are first impressions. Why go to a party when the earlier promises didn't even meet expectations? Fool me twice...

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
    I don't even know what this means. Soft-launches, even when not announced as such, aren't an "excuse" for anything. As a mentioned upthread, it helps shake the bugs out with the devices out there in the real world.

I agree with OP - July 15th is when we should start seeing the hard push. Hopefully by then 3.0.1 (or whatever they're gonna call the update) will be out to fix some of the issues.

As for the Pre3, I'm doubtful. HP probably wants a solid 30 days to focus on the TouchPad (and possibly a Veer update for TTS) before putting their resources into a Pre3 launch.
    webOS user since 20090606.
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    I agree.

I think July 1st was a soft launch and the real party starts July 15.

I really think the soft launch was to get the device in the webos fans hands. get them to run through it really hard, find all the bugs so fixes can get out via ota or homebrew. This gives 2 weeks of in-depth feedback for hp and developers
    If that was the plan, it backfired, since reviewers based their reviews on all those bugs and couldn't compare it favorably with the iPad.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    If that was the plan, it backfired, since reviewers based their reviews on all those bugs and couldn't compare it favorably with the iPad.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    well

you cant do a soft launch and also tell reviewers "nope, you cant buy a touchpad".

whats more important....a couple reviews or 2 weeks of tons of users doing bug testing for you in the real world?
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)