1.    #1  
    *EDIT*

I have made a patch for this, found here

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...37#post3011837
    Last edited by rmausser; 07/01/2011 at 09:42 AM.
    How has this worked for you? Did you see a significant improvement in performance? What about negative impacts?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Oh, will this work on my Pre-? It did say webOS...
  4.    #4  
    I see a noticeable improvement in the responsiveness and smoothness of Luna due to more buffers and smaller size that items can be moved and dragged.

The only downside is with the tap radius smaller, items are sometimes harder to click on, if you arent that precise.

This will work on any device that runs Luna and WebOS
    I just HAD to do it...

Here are my original settings:

[General]
    DisplayNumBuffers=3
    MoveMinx=16
    MoveMinY=12

[TouchEvents]
    TapRadiusMax=8 (not in my Luna)
    TapRadiusMin=2 (not in my Luna)

[VTrackBall]
    PixelsPerMoveH=14
    PixelsPerMoveV=26

After editing them, then doing a Luna restart.. I was thinking the phone hung (more than 5 minutes already doing a Luna restart).. so I restarted it.

Now I'm stuck on the palm boot logo. Egads.

Surprisingly, I can't detect the phone when trying webosrepair.. help?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    Using Internalz Pro (with "Linux" selected in the Preferences of the Text Editor!!!!) open up:
    Using Internalz Pro (with "Linux" selected in the Preferences of the Text Editor!!!!) open up:
    Please read the bolded print before doing things like this. I apologise for not making that step more clear. It has been edited.

First, try using webosrepair when the phone is in recovery mode.

To get to recovery mode:

1) Turn off your phone

2) Plug it into the computer with the usb cable

3) Hold down the volume up button while powering the phone on.

Now try webosrepair.

If this doesnt work, you will have to either Doctor your phone, or boot into an external bootie with these instructions here:

How To Recover - WebOS Internals

First put the device into recovery mode. Plug the phone into your computer with your usb cable. Turn the phone off. Hold down the Volume Up button while powering on.

Then memboot the device using the installer uImage (extracted from your webOS Doctor jar):

Download the WebOS Doctor that matches your device, WeboS version and carrier here:

Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

Then, extract the files using something like WinRAR, and navigate to "Resources>WebOS.tar. Extract "nova-installer-image-castle.uImage"
    from that .tar file and place it on your desktop.

(Edit: You could also try doing webosrepair at this juncture)

In a terminal (I hope you have a copy of Linux handy) type

Code:
     novacom boot mem:// < (location of .uimage file on your linux drive)/nova-installer-image-castle.uImage
    The device should boot just into the kernel.

After it boots, run novaterm:

Code:
    novaterm
    I have attached a default copy of the luna.conf file. You will have to run:

Code:
    cat luna.conf | novacom put file://etc/palm/luna.conf
    from terminal to replace the luna.conf file with the right one.

PLEASE, read instructions, you MUST change the preferences of Internalz Pro so that the text editor is set to "Linux"
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by rmausser; 07/01/2011 at 03:49 AM.
    Thanks rmausser! Will try this out.

I'm sure though that I set it to Linux, as well as enabling Master Mode for editing...

I wonder how much xp I'm getting out of this though :P

Again, thanks for the reply.
    Heh, I almost made a boo boo as well. Renamed 'luna.conf' to 'luna' so that Internalz would open it instead of QuickOffice. Did some changes and used 'Restart Luna' in Internalz before renaming back to 'luna.conf'.

Got just the pulsing boot logo. Funny thing is that FreeTether was still running so I downloaded WebOS QuickInstall and was able to cp luna luna.conf and Luna restarted itself within 30 seconds.

That was an 'oops' and a quick save.