1.    #1  
    Hi,
    i switched from droid to webOS 2.1 on a Pre- and it feels so much better
    but...i need skype, since most of my buddys use this IM.
    Since i read Skype will be avail for webOS 2.2 i wonder if there will be an "update" to 2.2 for the Pre +/- or any other way to get Skype ( at least text only ) support.
    You can hope if one of the legacy devices getting it, then Meta-doctor MIGHT be able to do something.

For the record the 2.1 update came after the O2 Pre Plus Doctor.

But at this point I think 2.1 is the final destination.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    when pigs fly?
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    You can hope if one of the legacy devices getting it, then Meta-doctor MIGHT be able to do something.

For the record the 2.1 update came after the O2 Pre Plus Doctor.

But at this point I think 2.1 is the final destination.
    This was tried a long time ago and failed due to the app being a binary and cannot be hacked, Skype does not love the opensource . Each phone that has been specifically designed for that phone. The app could possibly installed but it wont work.

Skype will need to make a general app that has not been fingered by a carrier.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
  5.    #5  
    sounds like the only hope is webOS 2.2 for Pre+/-? can someone confirm that skype will be included in 2.2?
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    This was tried a long time ago and failed due to the app being a binary and cannot be hacked, Skype does not love the opensource . Each phone that has been specifically designed for that phone. The app could possibly installed but it wont work.

Skype will need to make a general app that has not been fingered by a carrier.
    Well that was because of Verizon. I'm pretty sure the Pre3 and Veer will have another general release without the carrier restrictions.

But then whether that update will hit the official 2.x doctors for the classic devices, now that's a different question.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by chris234 View Post
    Hi,
    i switched from droid to webOS 2.1 on a Pre- and it feels so much better
    but...i need skype, since most of my buddys use this IM.
    Since i read Skype will be avail for webOS 2.2 i wonder if there will be an "update" to 2.2 for the Pre +/- or any other way to get Skype ( at least text only ) support.
    A FrankenPre is your only chance. It is most likely that the FrankenPre will also be able to get WebOS 3.0 as well.
    please don't put skype on pre- it would seriously suck *bad word* and leave tons of ppl complaining.. - can barily run the apps it has
  9.    #9  
    hmm...using Govna at 800/250Mhz i cannot complain about apps running slow on the pre-, skype ( at least text mode ) would rock!
    btw icq already rocks thx to the developers here!