View Poll Results: Will you take advantage of HP's Touchpad offer?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

27 38.57%
  • No

43 61.43%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just a simple yes-no poll here. For me, I have to say no. I can't justify spending $50 more for just 16GB more storage.
    I understand why you don't like the idea of paying $50 for 16GB of storage (especially since you can get a 16GB SD card for the price of a cup of coffee these days) but if you're going to buy a tablet anyway, I'd recommend just springing for the extra capacity. That $50 could very well extend the life of your tablet by a year or two.
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    The problem I see is that the offer is good till July 30th. The TouchPad doesn't come out in Canada until the 15th and if demand is high, then what?
    And what happens if the TouchPad is discounted by more than $50 within a few weeks?
    No, not liking 10" pad to begin with. Obviously would not want to reward the blatant greedy marketing.

Plus, the price will drop, and the platform needs time to mature (if it gets enough life to do it), why rush? Rushing once for Pre taught me enough, patient is a virtue.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Nope. Don't have a need for any tablet. I need a phone. Soon. Preferably a Pre3. Preferably on Sprint.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Sadly no, I already have the Playbook and love it. Use it with the hotspot on my Pre.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    And what happens if the TouchPad is discounted by more than $50 within a few weeks?
    That's what I'm thinking too. Sams Club is already offering a $20 discount on the Touchpad. I'm thinking it won't be long before other retailers start offering the Touchpad at a $50 discount. By that time, HP's Touchpad offer will probably expire, so there won't be an opportunity to combine discounts and get $70-$100 off the 32GB version. I can either get it now at a $50 discount, or get the 16GB at a $50 discount later after all the bugs have been ironed out.
    if it was on the 16 gb version or a pre 3, I would take it. But not for a 32 mb touchpad that still costs over 500
    Read my signature.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Yes. I already placed my TP order, and still have a SPre.

$50.00 rebate will go towards more accessories! Woot!
    I see pandas.
    Already had a 32GB on reserve at BBY and still have my Pre-. A free $50 is a free $50.
    Next question: if you won't use it, will you let others have it? =P

I'm covered because of my pixi+ but I'm curious nonetheless.
    I have 4 serial numbers I can give away...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  15.    #15  
    I guess another good idea for a poll is: if you were set on getting a 16GB version, did HP's offer change your mind.
    I have a pre- and I cant cough up the extra 100 bucks to get a 32 gb touchpad just for the 50 dollar rebate. Further more the touchpad isnt even related to the pre-(besides the fact that it has webOS on it) I cant replace it as my phone so what good is this 50 dollars going to do for me? Why not give 50 dollars off the pre 3 or next webos phone on sprint if there will ever be one..

OR BETTER YET give us the damn webOS 2.1 that WORKS FINE on my f'ing sprint pre- even flash videos work decent when you OC the pre- to 1ghz. Jeez this hardware too old **** is driving me into hating HP..

-Toaster
    If the meta-doctored version works fine, what difference would an official one make? Are there bugs in the unofficial update or something?
    If I could spare the money to get a TouchPad now I would, but I don't plan on getting it in July. Therefore I won't be taking advantage of the $50 coupon.

I honestly would prefer getting a free TouchStone and/or leather case with my purchase of a TouchPad, than a $50 rebate. But I won't complain, they did follow through on their promise to "make things right", something is better than nothing.
    Nobody has been able to convince me I have any need for a pad device so no, I'm not buying one. It sounds like one of those Christmas gifts you really want and then when you get it you never use it and it fades away. I think the majority of us early adopters just wanted a rebate on a new PHONE! What the H-E-double hockey sticks is HP thinking? Seriously....making it right....I think not!
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

I was already planning on the 32 GB, so this is a win for me. There is nothing that says that HP won't offer something additional for Legacy users, such as a similar discount off the Pre3, so let's not get too indignant about that. If they aren't going to be offering the Pre3 on Sprint (and all indications are they will not, at least not right away), then this is a fair deal rewarding ONLY those of us who were among the first adopters and who still supposedly remain dedicated and loyal to the OS, whatever form factor it may take.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast