1.    #1  
    Hi, folk. You all right?

I need to send my mails to Yahoo Groups list, but my groups don't accept e-mails in Html format.

Somebody knows if there is some config or patch to I send my e-mails in text format?

Thanks for any suggest.

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Sadly, no.

I've been waiting for a patch like that for a good year and a half (or, better yet, for Palm/HP to add some actual configuration options to the embarrassingly kindergartenish webOS email app) and no such luck. It's a shame, because email is probably going to end up being the dealbreaker for me re: coming back from Android to webOS. I would love to get me a Pre 3 and return to the world of real multitasking and portrait sliders, but after experiencing the amazing K9 Mail app on Android, I just can't go back to that painfully slow and unconfigurable hunk of junk that ships with webOS.
    I've been trying a Pixi Plus running 1.4.5. The email leaves much to be desired. Has the standard email app been improved in webOS 2.0 or later? Is there a third-party email app out there? I get nowhere trying to answer these questions when I search the catalog on the device or the forums and databases here on PreCentral.
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    It doesn't seem to have been improved in any meaningful way, no. I'm basing this on having played with a Veer at an AT&T store a few days ago. My heart kinda sank when I opened the email app because I knew that I probably wouldn't be able to go back to webOS. Still slow, still no configuration options, still apparently no way to send mail in plain text with a ">" symbol for a quote delimiter. And if there's a way to set "push" (IMAP IDLE) notification options per server-side folder, rather than just per account, I didn't find it. There are no third-party email client alternatives that I know of.

Ah well, I'm used to Android by now.
    Last edited by Analog; 07/01/2011 at 01:32 AM. Reason: mistype
    Brief mention of a technical reason why there are no third-party email clients.

developer.palm.com /distribution/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7546
    hmmm I was looking into this, I'm subscribed to some only-text email groups and its becoming an issue.....

any ideas on what to do?