1.    #1  
    FrankenPre 2
    WebOS 2.1
    Happens without patches

The Problem:

Browser stops loading. No rhyme or reason as to what causes it, doesn't matter what URL. Happens when other apps are open or just browser open. Nothing can restore browser functionality except for a full restart.

Things I've tried:

• Stop and refresh
    • Close browser and restart
    • Toggled phone off/on
    • Toggled data off/on
    • Toggled Airplane Mode off/on
    • Toggled WiFi to 3G and back
    • Luna restart
    • Removed patches
    • Used JSTop to Stop Browser service

Everything else will work fine on the phone including email and apps. Data still goes through. The browser will stick just like the pic below and won't change no matter what, except for a complete restart. Loading circle will also freeze unless you press stop and refresh.

Anyone else having this problem?

yes, it happened to me but mostly when using the PreCentral home page, sometimes pressing the powerbutton and unlocking helps
  3.    #3  
    abegee,
    What phone/OS are you using? Trying to get an idea as to who it's affecting.

Everyone else reading this please post if you too are having a similar problem.
    I've never had that happen to me on my Pre 1 running 1.4.5 on wifi only. That doesn't narrow it down much, but maybe it's a problem with newer versions of WebOS or with 3g connections?
    Follow Imperial Penguin on Twitter @imppeng
    Like Imperial Penguin on Facebook
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ImperialPenguin View Post
    ..maybe it's a problem with newer versions of WebOS or with 3g connections?
    To be crystal clear, it happens when on WiFi or 3G. It doesn't seem to matter which. It seems to be a browser bug.
    1.4.5 pre plus at&t unlocked, only on wifi
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    To be crystal clear, it happens when on WiFi or 3G. It doesn't seem to matter which. It seems to be a browser bug.
    Oops, I'm sorry, I thought you meant that you tried toggling between 3g and wifi to restore the functionality after it stopped working.
    Either way, it appears from the post below yours that it happens on devices similar to mine anyhow. Maybe I just don't use the browser enough, or go to sites that don't trigger the bug.
    happening on my verizon pixi+ while browsing precentral articles
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Happens to me (2.1 PrePlus) but I just have to close the browser card and re open and it works again.
  10.    #10  
    i_maq,
    Sounds like a different problem because this issue can't be resolved by doing that. In fact if it was I wouldn't have bothered to start a post about it. It's really annoying that it has to have a full restart to fix.
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    i_maq,
    Sounds like a different problem because this issue can't be resolved by doing that. In fact if it was I wouldn't have bothered to start a post about it. It's really annoying that it has to have a full restart to fix.
    Yeah unfortunately for you it's much worse than mine, just thought I'd post so it's on the record that this kind of thing is happening.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I was just about to post the same question. it happens to me all the time (everyday). I think it's happening because of all the browser patches I have installed.
    happens on my Vzw Pre+ on 2.1.0-F104A kernel...I do the following to remedy: Close all net connected apps. Turn off wifi if on. Open Preware and goto luna manager. Restart Java. Then close preware and give it a little bit. Good 2 go. Sound long but it is still quicker than a full restart.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by woodmaster View Post
    happens on my Vzw Pre+ on 2.1.0-F104A kernel...I do the following to remedy: Close all net connected apps. Turn off wifi if on. Open Preware and goto luna manager. Restart Java. Then close preware and give it a little bit. Good 2 go. Sound long but it is still quicker than a full restart.
    Thanks, I will try that next time and report back my results here but I wish some of these bugs would be fixed. They are almost impossible to report to the point someone would actually listen and pass it on to be fixed.
    @deesugar

I have found the easiest way to solve this problem is to scroll to the top of the webpage(the one not loading correctly), copy the link for that website, and then open a new card for the browser and paste the web link into the newly opened browser.

It usually solves the problem and will load the page.
    I've had that problem before...alot. And since us sprint users aren't going to be getting more updates then we're just stuck with it.
    Looks like I spoke too soon. Last night I had the same thing happen to me. Well, almost. I didn't lose browser functionality completely. I could hit the back button and continue browsing like normal, but certain pages wouldn't load.
    i'll bet you hve the flash ipk installed. This happens to me all the time.

soln:
    turn flash off throw broswer card away
    reopen turn flash on
    reopen and fnd webpage in history you want.

I think flash plugin buggy
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    I have an O2 UK Pre Plus running webos 2.1.0, overclocked running f104a starfighter kernel. One or two basic patches for the messaging app & email but nothing major.

this browser-not-loading bug is the single most annoying issue with my pre, I wouldn't say it drives me nuts but it is quite irritating!!

here's how I repro it: running carbon (twitter), click on links in 2 or 3 twitter posts to launch new browser cards in the carbon stack. The first one will likely load correctly, the second may or may not, but the third and all subsequent pages will most likely not load, but stay on a blank page with a loading spinner in the lower-right.

i've learned to load just one link at a time, but that kindof defeats the purpose of cards & stacks!

anyone else have the same problem? What system are you running? Any patches or kernels?

sounds to me like the browser thinks it's outta memory but the custom kernel rightly suppresses the too-many-cards warning.