Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm able to play songs i've uploaded to music.google.com on my Pre- running webOS 2.1. However, when i switch cards (minimize music.google.com card), the music PAUSE but when i switch back to the music.google.com card the music RESUMES. Also, when the screen goes dark, the music PAUSE but resumes play after screen activity. On my iPad 2 (will be TouchPad in a couple of weeks), i'm able to play songs via music.google.com (using Safari) even when the screen goes dark and the music.google.com is running in the background.

How can i get the songs to play in the background (and do other things) on my Pre- when the screen goes dark or when i'm multitasking?

Any help will be appreciated.
    ~~~Asaseaban~~~
    My guess would be to try installing the iPhone browser spoof so it loads the HTML5 site instead of the Flash site. I'd guess Flash is limited to running only when the browser window is the currently viewed card and the system is not in the screenoff state. I can understand the reason for that given that allowing Flash to continue running in the background could have a negative result for battery life.

Unfortunately, bypassing this problem isn't as easy as it was with some other Google services that were descriminating because it looks like they don't use a parameter string to trigger the different control. At least not that I've seen yet.
    Orion is correct: Flash pauses when the card is no longer in focus or the device is off.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  4.    #4  
    music.google.com opens in the regular browser and not the flash browser (i believe it's html5 since the same web page opens and plays well in iPad 2)

Here is a screenshot.

Here is a video of the issue
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ASASEABAN; 06/16/2011 at 07:08 PM.
    ~~~Asaseaban~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by ASASEABAN View Post
    music.google.com open in the regular browser and not the flash browser (i believe it's html5 since the same web page opens and plays well in iPad 2)

Here is a screenshot.

Here is a video of the issue
    I can't be 100% on this since I don't run a 2.x device right now but there shouldn't be a separate "flash browser", Flash is a plug-in to the browser. When I load the site from my 1.4.5 browser it gives me a notice that I need flash. When I load the site from my iPod it loads up just fine as you said with your iPad. That means it's detecting the device/OS/browser and switching over to the HTML5 controls.
  6.    #6  
    When i access a flash enabed website, i get a big X at the bottom right corner of the screen and a grey area/box around the flash content. Visiting music.google.com, i don't get a big X or grey area/box.

But i guess you're probably right...it's flash related but i'm getting frustrated because i already have my 2,000 plus songs on the iPad 2 and on music.google.com and i really want to use my Pre- to listen to the songs and not the iPad 2.

Since this works flawlessly on my iPad 2, will it work the same on the TouchPad or no one knows, yet?
    ~~~Asaseaban~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    Orion is correct: Flash pauses when the card is no longer in focus or the device is off.
    I'm just curious. so if you tried to play a radio station music player that is flash based you can't do anything else.

like this one is flash (last i checked). KNBR 680 AM/1050 AM The Sports Leader San Francisco sports radio. so if you minimize it it wouldn't keep playing in the background. cause if so that would kinda stink.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    Does turning off flash on demand help..

This why android has a dedicated app btw

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by SnotBoogie View Post
    I'm just curious. so if you tried to play a radio station music player that is flash based you can't do anything else.

like this one is flash (last i checked). [url= 680 AM/1050 AM The Sports Leader[/url] San Francisco sports radio. so if you minimize it it wouldn't keep playing in the background. cause if so that would kinda stink.
    That's correct. Minimizing pauses the sound. If this is going to happen on the TouchPad, then i'm sticking with my iPad 2...unless someone comes out with a patch to fix it.

webOS is supposed to be true Multitasking but my iPad 2 is winning this one thus far :-).
    ~~~Asaseaban~~~
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    hmm i think if u use advanced gesture to switch cards ure music may still play.... give it a shot. not 100% sure it works though but i remember reading something to that effect
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    It's definitely Flash. I just tried it with Flash off, Flash on but not auto-loading, and Flash auto-loading, and it only kinda worked when I had Flash auto-loading activated. And by kinda, I mean that I couldn't actually listen to any music.

Beta indeed.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    You really should try this (don't know it's avail for 2.1):
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    My guess would be to try installing the iPhone browser spoof so it loads the HTML5 site instead of the Flash site.
    Quote Originally Posted by ASASEABAN View Post
    That's correct. Minimizing pauses the sound. If this is going to happen on the TouchPad, then i'm sticking with my iPad 2...unless someone comes out with a patch to fix it.

webOS is supposed to be true Multitasking but my iPad 2 is winning this one thus far :-).
    Well i was more thinking along the lines of listening to sports radio or talk radio in the background and wanting to do something else with the phone like play chess or check facebook or use some other app. That kinda stinks that it would cut off the radio station.

as a side note i really wish there was a dedicated app for music beta cause i just got two invites. It would be nice to have a reason to use it. That said i'm only on 1.4.5 anyways so not like an app would work on mine anyways. but still would be nice. I do dread uploading 20000 songs though.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    did you manage to resolve this? just got my google music beta invite to keen to get it working on my WebOS devices!
  15.    #15  
    Since it works flawlessly on my iPad 2, i strongly believe it'll work the same if i use the iPhone browser spoof patch, but i don't want to because there're certain websites that i use daily and frequently that does not open well on my iPad 2 but opens and perform perfectly on my Pre- webOS 2.1.

Someone needs to come up with a patch that facilitate changing/spoofing the webOS browser to report/identify as Safari mobile, Mozilla Firefox, or Internet Explorer.

Such an on-demand "Identify as" patch will really help when accessing websites on webOS devices that play well with iOS device browsers.

As a workaround, i tether (wi-fi) my Android phone (using freeTher on my Pre-) and listen to my music collection on music.google.com. Thanks to unlimited data plan on Sprint :-)
    ~~~Asaseaban~~~
    Any update on this? Just got my invite and would like the on/off spoof toggle as well (assuming it works?)
    Is the iPhone spoof still available? Couldn't find it in a Preware search of the "List of Everything".

Running v1.4.5.1
    Last edited by AlbanyHDTV; 06/21/2011 at 10:19 AM.
    It was never available in Preware. You'll have to search the forums for it.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    My guess would be to try installing the iPhone browser spoof so it loads the HTML5 site instead of the Flash site. I'd guess Flash is limited to running only when the browser window is the currently viewed card and the system is not in the screenoff state. I can understand the reason for that given that allowing Flash to continue running in the background could have a negative result for battery life.

Unfortunately, bypassing this problem isn't as easy as it was with some other Google services that were descriminating because it looks like they don't use a parameter string to trigger the different control. At least not that I've seen yet.

I know i used this in the past for some reason or another....but is this patch available via preware? What's it called there?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast