1.    #1  
    Anyone familiar with HP touchsmart computers? The all-in-one ones?

It has a custom HP program called HP Touchsmart which is a touch interface layer for custom HP apps..

I totally could see HP doing this as their portal for webOS on PC's. I hope we get a glimpse already of these. I'm sure developers will get excited to develop if they reveal more details on how they are putting webOS on PC's.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I have a Touchsmart and absolutely can not wait til it has webOS...will be awsome
    I'm actually pretty annoyed myself. I'm sitting in front of my Windows computer with a IR multi-touch touchscreen and wondering how I can make it more like webOS. Windows Touchscreens have gotten better (Touchsmart included), but they still don't quite make it.

Actually, I think HP knows this and that is why they want webOS on PCs ASAP (As Soon As Possible)! Actually, I wish I was a great programmer since I suspect anyone who can make this happen and port webOS to x86 has a guaranteed job with HP. One thing is for certain, we all know HP's R&D is busy porting all of their tech for the Touchsmart over to webOS. Some may think HP has a problem getting developers excited about webOS. This will all change when the Touchpad and webOS lands on PCs and for that matter you might as well port everything from Touchsmart and make your own apps just like Apple did. Things are looking fantastic! Sorli...
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    I'm actually pretty annoyed myself. I'm sitting in front of my Windows computer with a IR multi-touch touchscreen and wondering how I can make it more like webOS. Windows Touchscreens have gotten better (Touchsmart included), but they still don't quite make it.

Actually, I think HP knows this and that is why they want webOS on PCs ASAP (As Soon As Possible)! Actually, I wish I was a great programmer since I suspect anyone who can make this happen and port webOS to x86 has a guaranteed job with HP. One thing is for certain, we all know HP's R&D is busy porting all of their tech for the Touchsmart over to webOS. Some may think HP has a problem getting developers excited about webOS. This will all change when the Touchpad and webOS lands on PCs and for that matter you might as well port everything from Touchsmart and make your own apps just like Apple did. Things are looking fantastic! Sorli...
    Windows 8 will have a real nice ui!!

Last edited by slbailey1; 06/15/2011 at 04:51 PM.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by slbailey1 View Post
    Windows 8 will have a real nice ui!!

Windows 8 as of this writing is still vaporware...

Have a hard time to see windows 8 taking over windows 7 anytime soon.. transition from windows xp to windows 7 has bee hard enough, and i think has now been successful. Windows 8 will be at least 3 years until it has a footprint on PC's.
  6.    #6  
    and whow knows, in 3 years, webOS will take over HP's PC's completely i.e. no more windows..
    HP sent a seminar invite this week to employees in technolgy related jobs. This seminar is focused on "architecture for integrating the traditional PC ecosystem with a webOS ecosystem."

The invite mentions some details that to my knowledge have not been made public yet. I can't share details because of confidentiality, but WebOS on the PC will be capable of more than just simply running WebOS apps. If my schedule permits, I'll attend the seminar to see what's up and what I can share publicly.

Edit: The features being discussed in the seminar probably make the device more compelling for business use than for the average user in terms of vertical/custom applications.
    Last edited by cdave; 06/19/2011 at 11:12 AM.