Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    so is deiter still here on P/C ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by intellidryad View Post
    awesome!

I remember they also brought along the engadget show producer... Which i guess would imply that they would do another video/live show once the new site is up and running. So does that mean we'll see dieter on the new show? :d
    that. Would. Be. Awesome.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Nope, Dieter announced a few weeks ago that he was leaving Smartphone Experts and taking a few weeks off from "the internetz", as well as moving to Californ-i-a. I guess this is why!
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Suspicions confirmed. Best Wishes.
    Just read it as well. As long as he keeps spreading the WebOS gospel, it's all good!
    Awesome

PalmOS: Zire71, Clie NX70V, LifeDrive, T|X
    WebOS: VZW Pixi Plus, now VZW PRE 2

TIMN is my preferred source for tech news after the Engadget exodus ... and it just got better with the addition of Dieter. With J.Top's recent frustration with webOS, it'll be nice to have Dieter there as a counterbalance.

Aside: I have almost no occasion to visit Engadget anymore. I wonder if their usage stats have suffered from the mass-departure.
    webOS user since 20090606.
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    Aside: I have almost no occasion to visit Engadget anymore. I wonder if their usage stats have suffered from the mass-departure.
    I don't know if I agree with this. For sheer volume of tech news (which still matters), Engadget is still better than ThisIsMyNext. However, for reviews, podcasts, and any other in-depth analysis, TIMN is far beyond what Engadget does.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I don't know if I agree with this. For sheer volume of tech news (which still matters), Engadget is still better than ThisIsMyNext. However, for reviews, podcasts, and any other in-depth analysis, TIMN is far beyond what Engadget does.
    Agreed. Once TIMN has transitioned to SBNation's newest tech site, however, I expect volume to skyrocket.

+1 on TIMN winning in podcasts, as well. I can't stand the Engadget Mobile podcast anymore, and don't even bother with Engadget Classic's. Josh, Nilay, and Paul are what make tech podcasts enjoyable for me.
    Agreed. Once TIMN has transitioned to SBNation's newest tech site, however, I expect volume to skyrocket.

+1 on TIMN winning in podcasts, as well. I can't stand the Engadget Mobile podcast anymore, and don't even bother with Engadget Classic's. Josh, Nilay, and Paul are what make tech podcasts enjoyable for me.
    I guess I am one of the few who liked the engadget mobile podcast "because" it had different people. I do/did listen to engadget podcast often but I liked their monthly live show better. I think I would have liked more Paul and joanna on the podcasts. Things were just better when all 4 were on there. I think the new team has a pretty good podcast too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    so is deiter still here on P/C ??
    He will still be here, just as a regular member.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    @whoever said they didn't like it: This Is My Next is a temporary name.
    TIMN made it's way into my bookmarks toolbar about a month and a half ago, but I gotta admit it hasn't been clicked very much. That may very well change.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

TIMN is my preferred source for tech news after the Engadget exodus ... and it just got better with the addition of Dieter. With J.Top's recent frustration with webOS, it'll be nice to have Dieter there as a counterbalance.

I made a few comments over the weekend on an article, hit refresh and they were gone. I made a few comments today on an article, hit refresh and they were gone. I got ****ed, and made four successive tweets @engadget. Tim replied to one of them, told me to send him an email. I'm waiting to hear from him back, but in all honesty: Engadget's demise has begun. They are now nothing to me. They're like that slutty ex girlfriend who cheated on you, dumped you, then came back to you because noone else wanted her.

Engadget blows, and congrats to Deiter.
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

I dont know about u guys but I have never considered this jeff topolsky to be cutting edge or deliver anything worthwhile. Just an average guy with an opinion
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    I dont know about u guys but I have never considered this jeff topolsky to be cutting edge or deliver anything worthwhile. Just an average guy with an opinion
    Not sure if you were trying to be funny, but it's Josh Topolsky.

Tech journalists are not too different than other public figures, IMO; they have their fans and detractors. Personally, Josh is my favorite tech journalist, but it's really due to my becoming addicted to the podcasts he's been a part of. I think he's smart and hilarious, which is a golden combination when it comes to podcasting. As a result of that, I'm much more willing to give him a lot of slack when it comes to his articles. That said, I disagree with him about the Veer.
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    I bet Jeff does have just average material. But Joshua's material is pretty good.
    I never used to notice a difference in the quality of articles between sites, until I hit Engadget and P|C. I used to think IGN was the creme of the crop. Then IGN went downhill, I found Engadget. He writes great articles, his style of writing is superb. That's not to say I agree with everything he has to say, it's more like: when I'm reading an article of his, I don't feel like I'm reading an article. I feel like I'm listening to someone's opinion. That's what I want from a writer, and that's what I expect from a tech blog. Josh nails it.

A lot of writers don't.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12