1.    #1  
    Something I have noticed lately is that WebOS has now arrived at a major landmark with the announcement (and soon to be release) of WebOS 3.0 is that we have arrived here more or less the same time as Android (who has had much more time to mature). WebOS 3.0 and Android 3.0 were both created for the purposes of tablets and bring many different features to board. Palm and HP have had to work twice as hard to get up to the line than any others have yet.

Contrary to what many of us think most the time, Palm and HP have been working their butts off for the last 3 years on WebOS to get it to were it is now. We all complain because they can't get the device out fast enough or they can't get this feature done quick enough but the fact is that they are doing a better job than we think. Because they rise up to a higher level, they are held to higher standards. They are expected to do what the big boys, who have been playing the game for a long time, can do.

So although we all complain about every little thing, we should all know that they are dong exceptionally well and only a team of great and gifted people could accomplish what they have, create the best mobile OS to date. Good job and keep up the great work.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    There were only six months from when the first Android phone was released to when the Pre was first released, so no, not that much more time to mature.

They have been working their butts off, yes, but it's not enough. They were too small as Palm, and even now under HP there are not enough people to fix bugs and maintain two versions of webOS without giving out ambiguous timeframes ("in the coming months"). They may have held themselves to a higher standard, but that standard was beyond their ability to achieve, unfortunately.

I'm not going to say "great job" until the numbers say they are doing a great job. What I'll tell them right now is get more people so you can actually get stuff done before everyone beats you to market. I most certainly do not want them to keep up their current level. They should expand beyond their level several orders of magnitude on both tablets and smartphones. They should forget about webOS on PCs until they have a strong foothold on these markets. The last thing they need is their attention divided between three different form factors.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    The whole point of Enyo is to factor out form factors as a development and maintenance issue. From what I gather, webOS 2.0 has suffered because when Palm was still alive, 2.0 was to be the next big thing. But when HP bought them out and introduced their scope and direction for the OS, the goalposts were changed. 2.0 suddenly found itself regulated to transitionary status towards bigger and better things.

Once 3.0 and Enyo are out for each device, things should be much smoother for everyone in webOS land.
    Been a webos faithful since '09 and still am. I'm not a ****** in any way and don't mind speaking my mind about the frustrations of webos at times, but for what it's worth webos is totally different. It just makes everything very productive without being overly complicated. It's intuitive, it's learning cure is practically none existent. It's simple yet elegant, unlike the others that are skinned to 'look' the part. It just is. It makes sense. It's WEBOS!

I love synergy to the nth degree. To me other platforms are still stuck in the old way of doing things keeping the os and software applications separate. Some may appear to function the way webos does, but in the end, the os is still a window for software companies to showcase their apps. Webos for me on the other hand is a door for software companies to showcase themselves. They can be one with the os instead of working with.

I'll admit, so far it's been one heck of a rollercoaster ride, from the excitement of Palm releasing webos, to the uncertainty of it's future, to the breath of life that HP has given it, to the frustration of not having a refreshed hardware (Sprint), anger towards uncertainty (again Sprint and HP, no confirmation of future webos devices), and now the discussions/announcements/vids/marketing/campaigning of webos. All I can say is I'm excited again. I want the touchpad bad. I ain't rich but I'm not a poor bum.

I may have doubted HP's ability to market webos and was worried that the IP (intellectual property) they acquired may lead to the death of webos phones, but HP has renewed my faith in their vision and management of webos lately. They're all in no doubt, all chips in play and I've bought into their 'everybody on' and 'world of interconnected devices'.

I gotta give hp their props. Consider this, IOS on it's 4th revision going to it's 5th, droid on 3, windows (don't know but 7.5 due soon), blackberry (like webos but not) and go through the pros and cons. To me webos is more advanced and innovative with the exception of apps. It's only a matter of time until the perception of apps, especially the amount of will be a non issue. Just as apple gives the impression of quick app lauch time by presenting a screenshot while the actual app compiles (debate of time to actual usability already discussed in another thread) or how other platforms lead you to believe task switching is the same as multitasking (again discussed in other threads), HP will do this with apps through synergy.

It's all about quality and HP has the ingredients to make a fine course meal. Until another contender is able to come up with something more refreshing, exciting, and innovative, I'll be on this webos train.
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    The whole point of Enyo is to factor out form factors as a development and maintenance issue. From what I gather, webOS 2.0 has suffered because when Palm was still alive, 2.0 was to be the next big thing. But when HP bought them out and introduced their scope and direction for the OS, the goalposts were changed. 2.0 suddenly found itself regulated to transitionary status towards bigger and better things.

Once 3.0 and Enyo are out for each device, things should be much smoother for everyone in webOS land.
    Yep, what I'm trying to say is that I'm not calling it a good job until 3.0 and Enyo are out for each device.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by champiful View Post
    how other platforms lead you to believe task switching is the same as multitasking
    Well said. Nice way of saying it that brings the truth to light.

Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Yep, what I'm trying to say is that I'm not calling it a good job until 3.0 and Enyo are out for each device.
    I do agree...
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne