Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I was in the gmail app, and did a delete via swiping it off the screen, and now I cant find it anywhere. Checked the trash, deleted, imap something or other..

Is the email gone for good?
    If you just deleted it, it should be in thrash/deleted items. From there you can move it to your inbox. That's weird it would just disappear though...
    Check the "All Mail" folder?
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Checked every folder and cant find anything. I email myself a test email to delete and again, cant find it after deleting it.
    Have you tried to hit the refresh/sync button when inside the correct trash folder?
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djgardn2 View Post
    Have you tried to hit the refresh/sync button when inside the correct trash folder?
    Yes. No luck.
    Have you tried going to a computer to see if you see it and also look at your email settings for gmail from a pc to see how you have your deleted emails setup.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Looks like I may have gotten it sorted.

I went into gmail and checked the imap settings. Default setting has auto-expunge "on" when a message is deleted, and the message is "archived" (not sure what that means).

I turned auto expunge off, and selected "move the message to the trash" when message is marked as deleted and expunged.