Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    From what I have heard, Ford SYNC supports the Bluetooth MAP profile, which is how text messages can be transferred over Bluetooth(so the system can read incoming text messages to you). At this point, WebOS 1.4.x and 2.0/2.1 do not have it, so I am wondering if anyone has heard if WebOS 2.3 or 3.0 on the Pre 3 and Touchpad will support it.

I know that NDA will prevent anyone who does know from responding, but if the question can get passed up to the people at HP, perhaps HP would release the answer.
    I think that's the basis for transferring phone calls and text to the Touchpad.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    I think that's the basis for transferring phone calls and text to the Touchpad.
    That would be my hope, rather than a proprietary method like sending the data as a file and then extracting from that.
    No NDA involved; I'm fairly sure that one of those videos of the TouchPad demos from Asia last week showed the Bluetooth profiles on the Device Info screen, including (I think) MAP.

Check this out:

{Jonathan}
    the product specs list which BT profiles it will support.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan I Ezor View Post
    No NDA involved; I'm fairly sure that one of those videos of the TouchPad demos from Asia last week showed the Bluetooth profiles on the Device Info screen, including (I think) MAP.

Check this out:

{Jonathan}
    Good catch, you were right, MAP is there as seen at 1:28 in that youtube clip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Targon View Post
    From what I have heard, Ford SYNC supports the Bluetooth MAP profile, which is how text messages can be transferred over Bluetooth(so the system can read incoming text messages to you). At this point, WebOS 1.4.x and 2.0/2.1 do not have it, so I am wondering if anyone has heard if WebOS 2.3 or 3.0 on the Pre 3 and Touchpad will support it.

I know that NDA will prevent anyone who does know from responding, but if the question can get passed up to the people at HP, perhaps HP would release the answer.
    Remember with ford sync, text will be sent to the onscreen only when the speed is less than 5 miles an hour.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Remember with ford sync, text will be sent to the onscreen only when the speed is less than 5 miles an hour.
    Yea, but it can be read by SYNC, so you don't need to read it while driving.
    Yea, but it can be read by SYNC, so you don't need to read it while driving.
    Again that would only happen when the speed is less than 5 miles an hour
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    No, Sync will read text messages at any speed. Works on my 2011 F-150.
    Quote Originally Posted by dougpaw57 View Post
    No, Sync will read text messages at any speed. Works on my 2011 F-150.
    What phone are you using with the Microsoft Sync system?
    Take a look in the part "Bluetooth pairing a webOS tablet and webOS phone" about Bluetooth MAP support in specific webOS release in this document Palm Support : TouchPad (Wi-Fi) - Using Bluetooth wireless technology on a webOS device and to backport Bluetooth MAP profile on your device with webOS 2.1, go here : MAP Bluetooth Legacy Devices - WebOS Internals
    Last edited by yannick56; 12/25/2011 at 12:42 PM. Reason: add more info