Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Why is it such a big problem that HP is changing the means of app discovery? Kerris has said there will be something else when the relaunch push comes (presumably alongside the TouchPad and Pre3).

I'll never understand why you lot are so butthurt about change and HP developing webOS with an eye to the future instead of stagnating and focussing on legacy device support.

Do you see Apple crippling iCloud or the iOS5 so it's compatible with the iPhone 3G? Do you see Google crippling Ice Cream Sandwich so it'll run on a HTC Hero? No. Because those two companies, like HP, are looking to innovate and make the platform better in the future instead of making sure that their two-year-old phones get all the newest feature. Apple and Google users find that OK and take it as a pleasant sign that their platform is evolving. WebOS users find it scandalous and take it as a sign that HP hates their guts personally.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Use Impostah instead - it is impervious to and unperturbed by this change.

-- Rod
    Hi Rod

I read the complete impostah thread - and it looks to me, as one has to do the procedure before the first activation.

My Pre+ was running 1.4.x and first activated in Switzerland. Later upgraded to 2.1.0.

I guess, then I am out of luck, right?

And just have to wait for global access to the app catalog.
    Quote Originally Posted by rgloor View Post
    Hi Rod

I read the complete impostah thread - and it looks to me, as one has to do the procedure before the first activation.

My Pre+ was running 1.4.x and first activated in Switzerland. Later upgraded to 2.1.0.

I guess, then I am out of luck, right?

And just have to wait for global access to the app catalog.
    Impostah as first activation gives you the ability to purchase paid apps.

Impostah after the first activation gives you the ability to download apps that are free in the app catalog.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Had hid the Palm App Cat since I was using Preware for all feeds.
    Thought I would no longer have access to the regular apps.
    "Doh!!" moment...
    I can just use universal search (soon to be just type) to access the app cat. All's good.
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    I think its only how abrupt and inconvenient it is for everyone that's ticked them off. But what if this little bit of pain brings a whole lot of something good? Well then I guess we'd all be complaining about them waiting this long to implement it in the first place.
  6.    #66  
    What I am still unclear about-

Can a sprintified Pre2 access 2.xxx apps in the app catalog?

If not, are there plans to fix this and if so, what is the (estimated) timeframe?

thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    What I am still unclear about-

Can a sprintified Pre2 access 2.xxx apps in the app catalog?

If not, are there plans to fix this and if so, what is the (estimated) timeframe?

thanks!
    That's a completely unrelated app catalog bug.

-- Rod
  8.    #68  
    That's a completely unrelated app catalog bug.

-- Rod
    thanks, I think I have it related it my mind through the idea that it might have occurred when HP overhauled the app catalog, thereby affecting access of Sprint Pre2s as well as shutting down feeds.

Does anyone have a sense of whether Palm has plans to fix this "bug" and if so, when is the estimated timeframe? I imagine it might be low on the totem pole behind touchpad, veer and pre3 bugs.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Impostah as first activation gives you the ability to purchase paid apps.

Impostah after the first activation gives you the ability to download apps that are free in the app catalog.

-- Rod
    First of all thanks for creating this wonderful piece of software. Wish I would've known about it before I first activated my Pre 2 . With regards to the free app catalog downloads, how does one find out the correct address at which to find a certain app? Been looking for a while now but I can't seem to find a decent overview or search function.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefiorim View Post
    First of all thanks for creating this wonderful piece of software. Wish I would've known about it before I first activated my Pre 2 . With regards to the free app catalog downloads, how does one find out the correct address at which to find a certain app? Been looking for a while now but I can't seem to find a decent overview or search function.
    Do a Google search with site:developer.palm.com/appredirect as an additional search term.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Thank you sir! And a small donation to your cause

Please do keep up the good work
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    so I still don't get how we can view and download beta and web apps now. Or how to update currently downloaded beta and we apps. Anyone? Please explain it like I'm 4 yrs old.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkgift View Post
    so I still don't get how we can view and download beta and web apps now. Or how to update currently downloaded beta and we apps. Anyone? Please explain it like I'm 4 yrs old.
    If you know the appid, use Impostah.

-- Rod
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234