Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    No Hp webOS either

Dear Dr. ...,

Thank you for using the Epocrates application. We regret to inform you that the beta application for Palm webOS devices will expire on June 14, 2011.

After that, it will no longer be possible to install, use, or get updates for Epocrates on Palm webOS devices. Please note that only devices that use the Palm webOS operating system (e.g. Palm Pre and Pixi; HP Veer, Pre³, and TouchPad) will be incompatible with Epocrates software. Palm OS, Treo, Centro, T-series, E and E2 remain fully supported. We sincerely appreciate all of our users and apologize for any inconvenience.

To access the Epocrates Online drug and formulary reference, open the browser on your mobile device or desktop computer and enter: online.epocrates.com. The site has been optimized for viewing on your device and contains Epocrates drug, disease and diagnostic information.

Learn how to transfer your existing Epocrates subscription to a different platform.

View considerations when looking for a new phone to use with Epocrates.

If you have any questions or concerns, please*contact Epocrates support.

Sincerely,
    Yea... We're ****'s

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Ouch. It seems kind of telling that they'd maintain PalmOS support while ditching webOS.
    Really dumb move, IMO, considering the huge push HP is likely going to make in that space. Thought they'd have reconsidered by now. How high can the cost in dev effort be for such a company to maintain a webOS app?
  4. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    let me guess . . . bad business deal??? that sure won't bring them more business will it?
    A lot for such a small user base and to have to recode to enyo. I have a feeling they are waiting to see if WebOS makes it before continuing to develop. (Windows phone too)

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    A lot for such a small user base and to have to recode to enyo. I have a feeling they are waiting to see if WebOS makes it before continuing to develop. (Windows phone too)
    If that were true they would not have written off veer pre3 and touchpad

epocrates is done with webos. Just like docs to go. But epocrates keeps throwing it in our face. Good bye epocrates. Take care.

try out lexicomp folks!
    And @palmdoc's Medscape eMed app is excellent also. Excellent and free resource.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Okay so let me get this straight. They're NOT going to support a platform that COULD grow considerably in the next year, but they ARE going to support a platform that is GUARANTEED to shrink considerably in the next year.

WOW! Just WOW!
    Quote Originally Posted by nhavar View Post
    Okay so let me get this straight. They're NOT going to support a platform that COULD grow considerably in the next year, but they ARE going to support a platform that is GUARANTEED to shrink considerably in the next year.

WOW! Just WOW!
    If WebOS takes off they will be there. WebOS version was a beta. The PalmOS version is done and take literally no work.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    try out lexicomp folks!
    It's been a while since I've taken a look at it. I remember there was some kind of free trial. Is it free for the first 30 days?
    They just had a 25 percent off sale, it's a bit pricey but very informative, continually updated, and can be used on another device should u switch to an android or iPhone without having to repurchase the app. I've used it for almost 6 months since epocrates first abandoned us and I don't miss epocrates at all
    Oh, I see. I thought there was a trial. Thanks for clearing that up. I have about a month left on my contract now, and this broke new resident is not interested in spending money on an app that could be expensive. It's appealing that I could switch the account over to another platform, but that's going to be one expensive band-aid. I already bought Classic to run Epocrates for PalmOS before the beta was released, so I guess that will be the band-aid I'll be using before the contract is up.
    Yes they are idiots! I'd rather sell a few more wares with an older product that nothing at all, but I guess that is why they continue to support PalmOS, which I suspect is larger in scale compared to webOS users using Epocrates. Their loss, not mine! Sorli...
    What could possibly compel them to support PalmOS over webOS? Is Epocrates' CEO's daughter still using a Treo or something? IIRC, those smartphone market share charts that list Palm at 2% include both webOS and PalmOS in that 2%. What, are the only people using PalmOS doctors or something (or the CEO's daughter)?

I would tell you a few choice words to tell them, but that would be against forum rules. Tell them they can shove Epocrates, and if you switch platforms, you won't choose Epocrates again, after they left you out to dry.

Probably just because of the existing large installed user base. I'm sure it is many times larger than the number of webos users using epocrates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Probably just because of the existing large installed user base. I'm sure it is many times larger than the number of webos users using epocrates.
    That and there's practically nothing to support. I'm sure they aren't releasing new features on Palm OS or anything.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIΙ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by nhavar View Post

WOW! Just WOW!
    Not exactly; They're going to continue to focus where they make money. I'm sure webOS hasn't been a money maker for them in the two years they've been on the platform.

It's hard to justify spending MORE money on a platform that has probably lost you money in two years.
    They're not rubbing this in your face people by sending you a notice, they're informing their current customers so they're not left in the dark in a week wondering what happened.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast