Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    You can make all the noise you want, they've been pretty set on removing support since December, so they will not change their minds.
    workaround

set network time to off
    change date to 2011 -> 2010 (or anything before 6/14/2011) = epocrates will work!

Yeah cheesy, but for those medical people that need epocrates more than their calendar....
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    workaround

set network time to off
    change date to 2011 -> 2010 (or anything before 6/14/2011) = epocrates will work!

Yeah cheesy, but for those medical people that need epocrates more than their calendar....
    Workaround won't matter if you need to doctor for any reason or switch phones *cough* Pre3 *cough*

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    They're not rubbing this in your face people by sending you a notice, they're informing their current customers so they're not left in the dark in a week wondering what happened.
    Nope.. Maaaaaaybe when the second notice went out & epocrates was still in the app catalog I would have agreed with.. But it hasn't been in the app catalog for months.. And the last notice was sent when it was pulled so no reason to think that anyone who got it didn't know already

Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Workaround won't matter if you need to doctor for any reason or switch phones *cough* Pre3 *cough*

Can't you backup the IPK using the IPK Packager?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIΙ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I've used epocrates in the past and while their program is okay, I've found there are better options out there. I found out pepid was the first to develop for webOS and they still support it too. After using a free trial they sent me a promo code "switch" and saved $40 on my subscription. Never hurts to try other platforms... you might be surprised.
    A hack to make Epocrates work after it expires would be the best solution. I hope we can see this soon.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Can't you backup the IPK using the IPK Packager?
    Tell that to everyone else =P

just patched it = very easy to do. Mine now expires in 1180 days instead of 180 days. Use 7-zip and I'll let you figure out the rest. I don't condone this, and hope epocrates comes out with a official fix.
    yeah you're right. I deleted my post. Please delete yours too @sketch42
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    yeah you're right. I deleted my post. Please delete yours too @sketch42
    done
    ahhh webOS land. There's always a patch for that
    Why delete the patch post? It's not like epocrates still has any business with webOS? They actually abandoned it already...
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by hanggaw View Post
    Why delete the patch post? It's not like epocrates still has any business with webOS? They actually abandoned it already...
    Bc it may hurt other devs... Since you're essentially teaching the community how to circumvent expiry periods

Boy, wasn't it fun to fill out the ePocrates customer service survey I just got sent... {Jonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
    lol
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12