Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  

This isn't a contest, I am just curious. Now that the WebOS is 2 years old, I wanted to see how much money users have spent, while they have owned their WebOS device/s, on apps. One of the big reasons why I do not want to leave the WebOS community, is that I have spent somewhere around $200 in the Palm App Store; over the past almost 2 years and I would hate for those apps to go to waste. Is anyone else staying with the WebOS for the same reason? I imagine users who don't buy apps, do not feel the same level of motivation to stay, because they haven't accumulated any spending on apps. So for those who do buy apps, how much money do you think you have spent on WebOS apps and over what length of time?

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

30 bucks, Dont really need many apps.
    but that is just me.

file sync
    dr.podder
    Agile Messenger
    Auctionmate

My top four paid apps.
    dr podder
    music remix
    rockus sound machine
    my q
    shape calculator
    asphalt
    worm

can't recall all, but probably around $100.

If i were to consider switching, these won't factor in my calculation. I guess just because its not a one-time big expenditure that I spent time thinking about when i bought those apps.
    well, pocket mirror was about $40 and I think I'm up around $100.
    Zero! Zilch! HP won't let me.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Zero! Zilch! HP won't let me.

Why not? What happens when you try and download apps?

I'd like to know exactly what I've spent on apps. There has to be a way somehow, does anybody know for sure?

My guess is about $80 in apps & $40 in donations.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I'd like to know exactly what I've spent on apps. There has to be a way somehow, does anybody know for sure?

My guess is about $80 in apps & $40 in donations.
    You could go into the App Store and press that bag bottom on the lower-left of the page. Then check the prices for all of the apps that are installed on your device. That would take a while to do, but it can be done. It won't work for apps that you paid for but that are no longer on your device. Which I have a bunch of apps that I paid for that I no longer keep on my phone.

IDK, started to scroll through the list, but I'm not sure which ones were free and which I paid for. Today I bought drPodder, Galcon, and Splashtop Remote.... My wife freaked when she saw Rift "running" on my phone. Not playable in any way shape or form though, maybe a setting I'm missing, but keys work outside of the game, but not once it is open.
    Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    You could go into the App Store and press that bag bottom on the lower-left of the page. Then check the prices for all of the apps that are installed on your device. That would take a while to do, but it can be done. It won't work for apps that you paid for but that are no longer on your device. Which I have a bunch of apps that I paid for that I no longer keep on my phone.
    My situation as well. I was thinking that data has to be on the Palm Profile or something. Maybe check it out when I get home after work.
    My *guess* would be about fifty bucks. I made some $6-8 purchases in the beginning, and then I realized I'm not gonna play GTA on my phone and since have pitched $1 here and there. Over the time elapsed it pretty much seems like under-the-couch-cushion money...

Those somewhere around fifty dollars don't really mean anything to me and aren't keeping me tied at all. If I wanted to go, I'd go.
    Last edited by Psychonaut; 06/07/2011 at 01:57 AM. Reason: Grammatical error
    Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    Why not? What happens when you try and download apps?
    Credit Card not accepted. Not issued in listed (official) country. Maybe one day.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Credit Card not accepted. Not issued in listed (official) country. Maybe one day.
    Can't you get and use one of those prepaid credit cards? Palm wouldn't know whether it was prepaid or not. And it would be issued where you live, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Way too much. Don't even want to think about it, other than to say I've probably got you all beat (which probably isn't a good thing ).
    Way too much! And now I don't even use WebOS D:

$200+ I would say. Bought basically every good app. Have all of Hedami's Kev0 and Inglorious's apps for example.

EDIT: and FAR too many PDK's (never finised a single one!)
    Last edited by IcerC; 06/07/2011 at 12:22 AM.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Wow, I don't think I've spent $200 just on apps, although looking at them again, I'm surprised how many of my apps are paid apps. I'll look up my receipts on gmail, but I estimate at least $50.

EDIT: Just tallied up the receipts I didn't delete, and it came out to $85.27, although considering the apps for which I deleted their receipts, I think it's a lot closer to $100. Never really thought about how much I spent, so this is a surprise.
    The most I spent for an app was $6.99 for NOVA (I just had to have it).

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I think I've spent about 12.00 in two years?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Probably $300 over 2 years - as far as I am concerned, 0.99 or $1.99 is less than a cup of coffee, will pay that to try anything.

At least $500 in donations to webOS internals, Jason and others - all well earned.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post

EDIT: Just tallied up the receipts I didn't delete, and...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Did the same and got $61.99. Can't think of having deleted any. After a search it was actually pretty painless.

P.S. I also saw that my above summation of my app-buying was totally wrong! :P
    less then $3 i think. There isn't much in the app catalog that i like. I really stopped looking at it early last year. But i'm on an old Pre anyways so i don't even know if i can play what's coming out. Regardless there's little that i want in there even if i could. just not my thing.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast