Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I've seen this issue brought up a number of times, but I've never actually seen it fully addressed. I wasn't sure where to exactly put this, so mods, if you could move this where it would be seen the most by the right people, I would be much obliged.

Now, the problem is that all media on my Verizon Pre Plus (running 2.1.0, version 68 of the f105 Thunderchief kernel) has stopped showing up on all the apps in my phone. The official Photos app has stopped showing photos, the official (and all third-party as well) music app has stopped showing anything, etc. Literally, all the comes up is a blank card with the background of the Music App. Is there anything I can do short of doctoring my phone that can fix this?

The problem manifested itself after I uninstalled UberKernel and installed f105 68, though I don't think there's much correlation between that and my problem.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I'm having some similar problems. Pre- with 2.1. It's been happening ever since doctoring to 2.1. When I add new music to my phone it doesn't show up in Music(Remix) at all. Not after a restart, not even after using the reset permissions ipk that Remix support can send you. The one way I can get the files to finally show up in Music(Remix) is to go to the files Info in Internalz Pro and check the "Mask from WebOS" box. Doing this while Music(Remix) is open. And then returning to the Info screen of the same now masked file and unmasking it. The file then shows up in Music(Remix). I've added a lot of music to my phone recently and this has been the only way to get it work. It's even worked to mask/unmask entire folders, but I go any further than one level up from the files I needed. My built in photos app also sometimes won't show pictures that I've just taken. It shows older pictures that it's always shown, but I recently took a lot of pictures of some concerts and they won't show up at all. Again, they do show up in Internalz Pro and on the computer in the USB Drive. However the masking/unmasking process doesn't work to get my pictures to show back up in the pictures app.
    somewhere else was mentioned that muffle system logging causes that. had the same issue with a mp4. removed that patch, restarted the phone. no issues since.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Hm. Removing Muffle System Logging now to see if it solves the problem. I also noticed that after plugging my phone into Ubuntu and viewing the pictures they then showed up in the Photos app. Makes me think it has something to do with how Windows is treating the files when it views them and when it ejects the phone.