View Poll Results: Would you download this reduced update if it ever does come out?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bring on the Stacks!

4 22.22%
  • No way Jose.

0 0%
  • It depends. Is there pie with with the update?

0 0%
  • Waste of time.

2 11.11%
  • I'll have to think about it.

0 0%
  • I'll only download it for the thrill of downloading updates.

0 0%
  • I'd like a discounted pre 3/veer please.

12 66.67%
  1.    #1  
    We've been hearing for months now that "legacy users" will get something "special" in the coming weeks and now months. If it's a reduced upgrade of 2.x dubbed 1.5, would you accept it?

Features
    1. Stacks
    2. Just Type
    3. Text assist
    4. Updated Launcher
    5. Adobe Flash Lite (yes I'm also talking about the pre)
    its not gonna happen. HP has no interest in spending money on us with pre/pre+. They will just find a way to attract us to upgrade to pre3.

plus, those functions are mostly just refined functions that already exist in the 1.4.5. not really that attractive.
    Yes..the whole business model depends on people buying new devices. At some point older legacy devices will have to die a natural death or by lack of updates...
    A reduced update (which I would have welcome in February) is no longer a good option.
    It costs HP to develop it and then keeps 1.x devices without full Enyo support around longer. At a time when we are about ready to upgrade to the next generation anyway.

A trade-in program with some rebate (noticable but not so much that they sell at a loss) would make much more sense. That way HP would spread some happiness, get a bit of extra buzz and most importantly broadens the Enyo base more quickly - which is important to get devs to develop for it.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    the OP sounds like 2.0 without Enyo. That would be bad for everyone...
    I asked five-months-ago-me and he thinks it's a great idea! This point it ain't happenin'. I just want new hardware out...