Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    You can only judge fragmentation from a developer standpoint. If you have several different OS versions, but your apps work the same on all those versions, then really, who cares? Maybe some apps have some extra candy in the form of Just Type or Exhibition, but currently, most apps work on all devices (the most glaring exception being PDK apps). Right now, for most apps fragmentation is not a problem.

Fragmentation only entered the consumer mind when they realized not all android apps work the same on all android phones. This is not something we on webOS have to worry about (the exception again being PDK apps).

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I always get extra cranky just before a big breakthrough. Judging from my present state of crankiness, it's gonna be a HUGE breakthrough.

BTW love your Grav app.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    BTW love your Grav app.
    Thank you very much sir.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Thank you very much sir.
    I need my orbital mechanics fix!
    Tom
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    You forget that O2 in Europe released the WebOS Doctor images for 2.1 for the Pre Plus, even if they did not release an over the air version.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Targon View Post
    You forget that O2 in Europe released the WebOS Doctor images for 2.1 for the Pre Plus, even if they did not release an over the air version.
    It must be crazy for the webOS devs. With that many balls in the air. Hope this fragmentation reduces to 1.4.5 and 3.x soon.
    Tom
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    It must be crazy for the webOS devs. With that many balls in the air. Hope this fragmentation reduces to 1.4.5 and 3.x soon.
    I don't think so. Speaking from my experience, there aren't many things I have to worry about with regards to compatibility for Mojo apps from 1.4.5 through 2.1.

Really, the biggest "fragmentation" issue is having to support multiple screen resolutions, which Enyo supposedly handles well (but unfortunately will not be available to so-called "legacy" devices).

Beside software fragmentation there is also hardware fragmentation - 6 different chipsets and CPUs.
    Don't forget PDK apps.

There's Angry Birds (480x320), Angry Birds Veer/Pixi (400x320), and I assume Angry Birds Touchpad (1024x768).

I wonder how soon before we get Angry Birds Pre 3 at 800x480.
    doesn't enyo scale pdk apps?
    Enyo and the PDK are different. The PDK has its own fragmentation issues, but then the major players who used the PDK used it once and left (Gameloft et al). Rovio, the one who was stayed, is dropping support for legacy devices and is tentatively supporting the Pre 2.

Most devs right now are on Mojo, and some are going into Enyo. On Mojo, there's not a lot you have to worry about with respect to fragmentation. It's a very different situation from the PDK.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12