Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    all mobile OS have their problems. I tested android long enough. Although I appreciate its abundant apps and fluent gmail.app. Its not as polished as webOS.

If I were you, I would just make Pre2 work and forget about Pre3 and touchpad for now.

Pre3 is fundamentally the same as Pre2, I don't see alot of benefit for you to get it, unless it has something really extraordinary. Front camera is nice, but HP has yet to demonstrate a video chat actually works on 3G/4G network, which is what you would use it for.

I completely fail to see the point of touchpad at the current proposed price. You should at least wait half a year and see if the price drops, and if the ecosystem has a chance to thrive.
    I don't have a pre 2, but I have the SAME exact issues you mentioned- I have a vzw pre plus running 2.1. In particular, the inconsistent google syncing and requests to re-login is annoying as hell, and always fixed upon a reboot (rather than doctoring), until it happens again.

this most definitely is NOT a hardware
    problem. Its either a problem with the
    google servers and their connections to webos phones, or a primary bug with webos 2.0 and 2.1 (esp if veer users don't have the issue). As far as I can remember, this was not an issue with with 1.4.5.

maybe someone still running 1.4.5 or 2.1.2 can chime in?
  3.    #23  
    Interesting, MD. I did not have any of these problems on my old Pre- with 1.4.5. I also didn't have all of them on my original Pre 2--just some.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    all mobile OS have their problems. I tested android long enough. Although I appreciate its abundant apps and fluent gmail.app. Its not as polished as webOS.

If I were you, I would just make Pre2 work and forget about Pre3 and touchpad for now.

Pre3 is fundamentally the same as Pre2, I don't see alot of benefit for you to get it, unless it has something really extraordinary. Front camera is nice, but HP has yet to demonstrate a video chat actually works on 3G/4G network, which is what you would use it for.

I completely fail to see the point of touchpad at the current proposed price. You should at least wait half a year and see if the price drops, and if the ecosystem has a chance to thrive.
    I agree with the above post
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    I have a Pre2 from VZ and other than a few bugs am having no problems. Didn't have the problems with my Pre +. You are one unlucky dude to have so many issues, phone after phone.
    While not having a Pre2 myself, that experience is wildly different from those I know who have one, and from all the owner posts I read on the net.
    Last edited by cobrakon; 06/05/2011 at 10:44 PM.
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    I've been a Palm user since the mid-1990's with a Pilot up to a Pre(-) now. I'm going to be open minded and make the decision that's best for me. I plan to upgrade to a new phone this Summer and buy a tablet.

As I've been wrestling with the decision between phones, I've come to the conclusion that the phones are pretty much a wash. There's pros/cons for both HPalm and Droid phones and I just don't see much to overwhelmingly convince me one way or the other. That's looking at both the hardware along with the OS and apps.

I decided to let my tablet decision drive which way I go. It's down to the fight between Samsung Galaxy Tab 10 vs. the Touchpad. Good thing the Samsung is released this week and it looks like the TP will be not far behind.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    if its network dude, either get the airrave or switch to verizon...
    The airave is voice only.... yep, believe it or not, out of Sprint aka "the horse's mouth" itself
    Quote Originally Posted by sjaakb View Post
    The airave is voice only.... yep, believe it or not, out of Sprint aka "the horse's mouth" itself
    Yyeeeaaahhhh ... that's not true at all.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12