Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Midway99 View Post
    Dude, it's not HP and Palm. It's HP. Palm is gone man. let it go.
    It's still called the Palm global buisness unit so until that changes I'm still going to mention palm!
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Midway99 View Post
    So HP's makes bad hardware? Explain
    Not going to lie the build quality on my Pre Classic is sub par to say the least, as a note I am on Pre number 5 at this point and only one of those had to be replaced due to me. The Pixi hasn't faired much better, I got my gf a pixi plus for her birthday last August and she is already on back cover number 3 due to the fact that they keep falling apart. Now for the Veer which I have had since launch and is the first HP branded webOS phone I gotta say the build quality is far above any of the other webOS devices I have put my hands on so far.
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
  3.    #63  
    I guess seeing from people's reaction, nobody is caring if webOS will be on PC's. They are wonderign when will windows 8 come.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    I guess seeing from people's reaction, nobody is caring if webOS will be on PC's. They are wonderign when will windows 8 come.
    Windows 8 looks like fail to me. Slapping Metro over Windows 7 does not a new OS make. No one is talking about webOS on PC b/c no one has seen webOS on a PC. I have a feeling that if HP pulls off an impressive integration then there will be more buzz around it but until then there is nothing to talk about.

LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
  5.    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by darkproteus66 View Post
    Windows 8 looks like fail to me. Slapping Metro over Windows 7 does not a new OS make. No one is talking about webOS on PC b/c no one has seen webOS on a PC. I have a feeling that if HP pulls off an impressive integration then there will be more buzz around it but until then there is nothing to talk about.
    But think of two similar touch enabled OS's running on same hardware. By the time H/P even gets webOS running good, windows 8 would be popping out in few more months or atleast have a beta version available,
    (Skip to the eye candy if you don't like long paragraphs.)

I've been gone from the WebOS scene for quite some time, actually just since the iPhone came out on Verizon, I've always followed the Palm/HP news, and before the Pre 3 and Veer were unveiled, I had high hopes for future hardware. Needless to say I was disappointed in the announcement, so I opted for the iPhone. But my true love has always been for WebOS. Part of my job at google is to whip up mock ups of devices (not just phones, it seriously could be mocking up a toaster, but in my free time I like to make my dream devices.

With the news of HP "open" to talking to 3rd parties on WebOS hardware, I made this up on my lunch break. I loved my Pixi, I was pretty involved in pushing the limit with the Uber Kernel, etc. The Veer let me down, so we can only hope the candybar form factor comes back. I mean, we could have this:

Based off an old HTC Dash, completely custom made in photoshop.

And why shouldn't we expect sexy HTC hardware, or hardware from samsung. Yes, HP should expand WebOS into other places (TV, e-readers, appliances, etc.) but phones are really going to be the big player for it. At this point I think it's the only way to bring developers to the scene on the scale Android has.
  7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketh View Post
    (Skip to the eye candy if you don't like long paragraphs.)

I've been gone from the WebOS scene for quite some time, actually just since the iPhone came out on Verizon, I've always followed the Palm/HP news, and before the Pre 3 and Veer were unveiled, I had high hopes for future hardware. Needless to say I was disappointed in the announcement, so I opted for the iPhone. But my true love has always been for WebOS. Part of my job at google is to whip up mock ups of devices (not just phones, it seriously could be mocking up a toaster, but in my free time I like to make my dream devices.

With the news of HP "open" to talking to 3rd parties on WebOS hardware, I made this up on my lunch break. I loved my Pixi, I was pretty involved in pushing the limit with the Uber Kernel, etc. The Veer let me down, so we can only hope the candybar form factor comes back. I mean, we could have this:

Based off an old HTC Dash, completely custom made in photoshop.

And why shouldn't we expect sexy HTC hardware, or hardware from samsung. Yes, HP should expand WebOS into other places (TV, e-readers, appliances, etc.) but phones are really going to be the big player for it. At this point I think it's the only way to bring developers to the scene on the scale Android has.
    Hopefully this one doesnt have sharp bevels like pre, pre plus, pre plus again, Dont know about pre-2 and 3 if they have sharp bevels too
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Hopefully this one doesnt have sharp bevels like pre, pre plus, pre plus again, Dont know about pre-2 and 3 if they have sharp bevels too
    The Veer doesn't so I'm going to assume the Pre 3 doesn't either

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums

LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
    This new winds of WebOS openness to other manufacturers give me reason to see some light in WebOS tunnel.
    First, as I mentioned in one similar thread, I don't see Jon's opinions too relevant for future of WebOS and global strategy of WebOS licensing (or any global strategy regarding WebOS in general).
    If HTC, Samsung, LG or any of big names knock on HP doors wanting to make WebOS phone, Jon or Leo will not be able to make decision only by themselves. Also, I believe, this rather surprising decision to mention just a glimpse of licensing possibility is result of deeper insight in mobile market and HP's position in it.
    Also, I do believe that future of webOS is primary in smartphone/tablet arena and not in home appliances market. Fridge or AC, washing machine etc does not need advanced operating system to be connected to web and operated via mobile device. So, when this starting to happen, we will be able to control our home appliances via any mobile device with control application. It would not require specific OS on mobile device, just an controller app will be enough, so there is no place for WebOS in that area at all.
    WebOS on printers will be just an fancy user interface for advanced printing options, but HP certainly will not cut Iphone wireless printing support!
    WebOS on TV sets, standalone media players and car stereo systems could be potentially good move, and Samsung, LG or Panasonic could fit just fine.
    So, I believe HP will agree to license WebOS to any big name without some strict conditioning mentioned by delusional Jon.
    Last edited by chalx; 06/03/2011 at 05:15 PM.
  10.    #70  
    " Window of opportunity is never closed" anybody remember that?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234