1.    #1  
    OK so real quick, my other phone the radio died. got a replacement. when i logged in it said that i needed to update the software ok. sprint Pre- to 1.4.5. so it goes through the whole thing and after it is done instead of resetting it just shut off. so eventually i pulled the battery and restarted it. said the updare failed to register and i needed to redownload it. well that is not happening. the download never starts again. so ok thats fine i will dr right to 1.4.5 well that is a no go.. no matter what i try or how many times i can never get the usb logo to show. i can get bootie to load and the dr. gets to 4% but then the phone just starts up. i have follwed the directions on the last resort boot loading thing and get to the part where you need to sudo omap3_usbload boot.bin and i get an error. also i have no idea what i am supposed to do with the omap files it tells you to download right in the beggining. every thing else is all set and no i am at my wits end. someone please help.
    thanks everyone.
    You may need to put the phone into recovery mode before running the doctor. Did you try that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    You may need to put the phone into recovery mode before running the doctor. Did you try that?
    I'm pretty sure you can't even start the doctor without being in recovery mode. At least in my experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    OK so real quick, my other phone the radio died. got a replacement. when i logged in it said that i needed to update the software ok. sprint Pre- to 1.4.5. so it goes through the whole thing and after it is done instead of resetting it just shut off. so eventually i pulled the battery and restarted it. said the updare failed to register and i needed to redownload it. well that is not happening. the download never starts again. so ok thats fine i will dr right to 1.4.5 well that is a no go.. no matter what i try or how many times i can never get the usb logo to show. i can get bootie to load and the dr. gets to 4% but then the phone just starts up. i have follwed the directions on the last resort boot loading thing and get to the part where you need to sudo omap3_usbload boot.bin and i get an error. also i have no idea what i am supposed to do with the omap files it tells you to download right in the beggining. every thing else is all set and no i am at my wits end. someone please help.
    thanks everyone.
    I had a similar issue and was at my wits end as well. Finally, I used my friends computer to start from scratch and it finally worked, so try a different pc with a fresh set of drivers.
    So she asked: "What is it with you? Is it ignorance, or is it apathy? And I answered: "I don't know and I don't care."
  5.    #5  
    when i hold the volume button up i get the battery with the? then when i put the battery in it boots the phone. when i try the webos internals way of shutting the phone off while holding the volume up it installs bootie and the next on the dr shows up but the screen stays black.. then when you start the dr it goes to 4% and boots the phone. in boots totally normally and just gets stuck yet responsive on the need to update screen.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by chertik0ff View Post
    I had a similar issue and was at my wits end as well. Finally, I used my friends computer to start from scratch and it finally worked, so try a different pc with a fresh set of drivers.
    i have tried this on my windows 7 64 bit which i have run many dr. on before, my work laptop running windows 7 32 bit which also has run many dr. and no i am using a friends vista 32 system and it is doing the same thing.
    i have tried this on my windows 7 64 bit which i have run many dr. on before, my work laptop running windows 7 32 bit which also has run many dr. and no i am using a friends vista 32 system and it is doing the same thing.
    Damn, I am not sure of what else to do... except perhaps try a different doctor version? Perhaps try the 2.1 meta-doctor for sprint? It can't be worse than it is now. Anyone with higher tech support level willing to chime in?
    So she asked: "What is it with you? Is it ignorance, or is it apathy? And I answered: "I don't know and I don't care."
  8.    #8  
    yeah i am going to give that a try. i really dont get it. makes me so angry. grrrr
    i really need to try and get that last resort recovery thing going from internals but like i said i am stuck at a certain point. i dont know how to proceed.
    thanks everyone.
    me too help