1.    #1  
    I used to have the mobile version of IMDB book marked on my Pre -. Now I'm running a Franken Pre2 on Sprint and have lost the bookmark. Does anyone have the link?

Thanks!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

Found the link....

http://m.imdb.com/#!tab=movies
    I think its a default just type search option. You might need to go to JT prefs to enable it.
    Replacing "www" with "m" is the standard for mobile sites. Or at least it used to be. Still works for many sites though.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Yep, Syndil is right:
    IMDb

-M
    Doesn't the browser "know" you're coming from a mobile device, and default to the mobile version already?

I've never had to know the mobile site; the site has just always landed there (in fact, that's a problem when I want the standard site, but they usually have a link that says something like "standard website version" or something).
    Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post
    Doesn't the browser "know" you're coming from a mobile device, and default to the mobile version already?
    Nope. It's not a matter of whether or not the browser knows. It's a matter of how the browser reports it's user agent, and whether or not the website you're going to was programed to recognize your particular browser as a mobile browser and dish up the mobile version of the site.

There are many websites that don't recognize the user agent provided by WebOS and dish up the standard page as a result. That's why there are patches out there that switch your browser agent to iphone. That was websites think you're browsing on an iphone which is recognized by a larger number of websites.

I've never used the user agent patch because m. usually works, and I want web admins to see that WebOS users are connecting to their mobile site.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    It is as if you said that the result a dog and a cat mating was a giraffe. It's so completely wrong, that it's difficult to argue with someone who believes it to be true.
    Quote Originally Posted by erasef301 View Post
    I used to have the mobile version of IMDB book marked on my Pre -. Now I'm running a Franken Pre2 on Sprint and have lost the bookmark. Does anyone have the link?

Thanks!

Found the link....

http://m.imdb.com/#!tab=movies
    I thought 2.0 had IMDB as a just type preference?

Looking for guidance on developing email me for some good sources of info please, thanks!
    I am fairly certain there is also a patch to add IMDB as a "just type" target to 1.4.5 as well.

Yup, there is: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2626824
    Last edited by Syndil; 05/29/2011 at 03:25 PM.
    Touchscreens are a fad.