1.    #1  
    I am experiencing the 'can't text this one person' issue. According to my research, placing a call to someone prior to ever having sent them an SMS (or vice versa) renders the contact 'untextable' afterward. How? No idea, but evidently it's a Palm bug where the only solution is to Doctor your phone and then restore it through Palm Profile. Whatever.

My problem now is I'm pretty sure some of my contacts are associated with my Google Profile and not my Palm Profile. Upon adding a contact you are given the choice as to which existing profile you'd like to save it to and I am almost certain I've saved contacts to my Google Profile inadvertently over my Palm Profile. So, doctoring the phone and then restoring might not restore ALL my numbers, just those associated with Palm Profile.

So, is there a way to know which numbers are saved to Palm Profile? Is there a way to tell Palm Profile to supercede all other profiles and link all my contacts to it? I'd prefer not to use Google since I'd rather just have my Palm contacts linked to my Palm phone plain and simple. Before I doctor my phone, I'd like to know that all my infos will be recoverable.
    If you go into your contacts and select one, tap on the header at the top where it says the contacts name to bring down a menu showing what profile is linked to the contact. If you see a profile with an icon that looks like two arrows circling each other, thats the palm profile account. That means that contact is synced with your palm profile.
    I have seen the text issue as well. I notice when I go into the message app and there is a gray dot where it would usually indicate online status, if I sweep to delete that thread I no longer have the problem.
    Does anybody, once a contact is set to syn with palm profile is it possible to change it to syn with google instead, without deleting and starting afresh?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    you would have to export them and import to another system. I recommend it because thd palm profile lacks flexibility and cant be accessed from a PC.
    there is a patch that sends all contacts by email., Do that and then delete your google account from the phone whih will take away all google contacts. You will be left with Palm Profile contacts. Now you know which ones are there.

You can either delete all these contacts. (swipe to delete patch) and then save you Palm profile so there will now be no contacts in your PProfile. Now import the email you sent yourself with all your contacts into google and resync it to your phone and you are done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post
    there is a patch that sends all contacts by email., Do that and then delete your google account from the phone whih will take away all google contacts. You will be left with Palm Profile contacts. Now you know which ones are there.

You can either delete all these contacts. (swipe to delete patch) and then save you Palm profile so there will now be no contacts in your PProfile. Now import the email you sent yourself with all your contacts into google and resync it to your phone and you are done.
    Sorry stupid question, how do I import the email that I sent to myself back into google? Is there a button for it?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Sign into google. then go to contacts, the it says More Actions, import and then take it from there
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post

I tried this, but every entry I delete keeps coming back. I'm also only able to delete a few more than the number the fits on the Pre+ screen; as I delete names, the names scroll up till I can see 2 or 3 that were "off screen" and then it's a blank.

This is such a frustrating event. Thanks for any suggestions.
    Is there a way to import all the gmail contacts into the palm profile? My mother-in-law has a Pre 2 on Verizon and the gmail account that has all her contacts keeps giving her a sync error. I want to import the contacts into her profile and delete the gmail account so she doesn't get this error. The less errors on her phone, the better.