Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    This week's PGA Tournament is being played in Irving (near Dallas), TX & the named sponsor is HP. For those that don't know, professional golf tournaments run 4 days--Thursday thru Sunday. I thought this would be a great opportunity for ads for all the new webOS devices, but...

So far, about 1 hour into today's broadcast, I have only seen 1 HP commercial: the one w/the baby driving his stroller & gets his picture taken & printed. An ad for e-print devices.

All the flags/pins have the HP logo & the electronic scoreboards have HP markings, but no other advertising that I have seen today.

Just saw a different e-print commercial & one for the Envy Computer, but nothing on webOS devices. Maybe they have a corporate tent.
    Last edited by Mike5; 05/29/2011 at 09:05 AM.
    Maybe when it comes on CBS you will see more ads.
    Is a Pre, although can't tell what version.
    Palm III -> Palm m500 -> Zire 71 -> Zire 72 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre Minus -> TWO Touchpads 16gb -. and unfortunately, a Motorola Photon 4G...
    Quote Originally Posted by popologuy View Post
    Is a Pre, although can't tell what version.
    It's the original Pre-
    they had an "hp technology zone" exhibit set up at the byron nelson this weekend and were demoing the touchpad and the pre 3. They also had the hp veers on display in typical phone display fashion like at the stores.

The rep was carefully demoing the touchpad and pre3 but he did let people hold them and play with them, just as long as certain apps weren't used.

I got to try out flash video on both the pre3 and touchpad. Surprisingly it was a lot smoother on the pre3. When someone asked about availability on Sprint, they were told to talk to sprint, hp "just makes the hardware."

The rep also told someone the touchpad was coming very soon, about 30-60 days out, while the pre 3 was more like 60-90 days out.

The touchpad still has the ability to swipe up (from any edge) to minimize cards, but you have to use a button on the UI to go back. It also has a nifty little feature where you can pull a card down and it will make a slingshot stretching sound and then "scream" (think angry birds) when you let it go and it flies off the screen. Useless, but cool.
    Apps by Chinchilla Tech: MOLO Photo Filters Pro| BPM Counter PRO | Glow DJ! Glow Stick! | bpmCounter
    Quote Originally Posted by mando511 View Post
    they had an "hp technology zone" exhibit set up at the byron nelson this weekend and were demoing the touchpad and the pre 3. They also had the hp veers on display in typical phone display fashion like at the stores.

The rep was carefully demoing the touchpad and pre3 but he did let people hold them and play with them, just as long as certain apps weren't used.

I got to try out flash video on both the pre3 and touchpad. Surprisingly it was a lot smoother on the pre3. When someone asked about availability on Sprint, they were told to talk to sprint, hp "just makes the hardware."

The rep also told someone the touchpad was coming very soon, about 30-60 days out, while the pre 3 was more like 60-90 days out.

The touchpad still has the ability to swipe up (from any edge) to minimize cards, but you have to use a button on the UI to go back. It also has a nifty little feature where you can pull a card down and it will make a slingshot stretching sound and then "scream" (think angry birds) when you let it go and it flies off the screen. Useless, but cool.
    cant tell if you're joking or not. the guy with the shades is throwing me off...
    not joking.
    Apps by Chinchilla Tech: MOLO Photo Filters Pro| BPM Counter PRO | Glow DJ! Glow Stick! | bpmCounter
    *I also has a nifty little feature where you can pull a card down and it will make a slingshot stretching sound and then "scream" (think angry birds) when you let it go and it flies off the screen. Useless, but cool.
    IF thats not in the final build it needs to be added as a patch.
    not joking.
    well then. I hope the angry birds-like sling shot feature makes the final build, along with the swipe gestures.

so apparently, they are using the outermost pixels to recognize the bezel swipes. is this the same way the playbook acts?