1.    #1  
    so last night I ejected me pre from usb mode, only the phone didn't do its regular luna restart before going back to normal mode. I tried opening my pics album and it said I need to eject my phone before viewing them. So I did a luna restart and still same message. So then I did a phone restart and rather than showing the steady palm logo before doing the light dark fade screen, the phone runs this DOS looking LINUX script with the little LINUX penguin at the top. After that finishes running it goes to the light/dark fade botup and theen seems to run normal. Any ideas what's going on here?
    What version of webOS are you running? Have you doctored your phone to 2.1?
  3.    #3  
    Yeah, it's a new feature of the newer Unixpsycho's testing kernels. Why is it that people don't read?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Thats weird. I have never had that happen to me before. The Doctors used to update older phones to 2.1 show a linux penguin before the glowing logo starts. But if you havent done that then I dont know why you would get the linux stuff before yours.

In the future though when your device tells you you need to eject your phone, just try putting it in and out of usb mode a couple times until you can access your photos. I usually check my photos app after using usb mode just to be sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Yeah, it's a new feature of the newer Unixpsycho's testing kernels. Why is it that people don't read?

Ok, there's your explanation. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by thednbselecta View Post
    so last night I ejected me pre from usb mode, only the phone didn't do its regular luna restart before going back to normal mode. I tried opening my pics album and it said I need to eject my phone before viewing them. So I did a luna restart and still same message. So then I did a phone restart and rather than showing the steady palm logo before doing the light dark fade screen, the phone runs this DOS looking LINUX script with the little LINUX penguin at the top. After that finishes running it goes to the light/dark fade botup and theen seems to run normal. Any ideas what's going on here?

Why does the phone do a luna restart after unplugging it? Are you ejecting it from the PC before unplugging it from the US cable.

If you are using a custom Kernel like F105 the script you see is normal and part of the boot-up on the testing Kernel. Been like that for about 1 week now.

Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
  8.    #8  
    ohhhh ok thanks. Yea I'm using uber. I saw that update but didn't know what it was referring to (noob) and this is the first time I watched the phone reboot since the update.

as far as the luna restart, I assume that's what's happening when I eject and unplug from USB mode because it acts like a luna restart when I do it. Its always been that way on all 3 pres I've owned so I assumed that's normal.

thanks folks!
    Quote Originally Posted by thednbselecta View Post
    ohhhh ok thanks. Yea I'm using uber. I saw that update but didn't know what it was referring to (noob) and this is the first time I watched the phone reboot since the update.

as far as the luna restart, I assume that's what's happening when I eject and unplug from USB mode because it acts like a luna restart when I do it. Its always been that way on all 3 pres I've owned so I assumed that's normal.

thanks folks!
    Are you ejecting it before you unplug it? You should, then you wont get the luna boot. Just right click on the drive and click eject.
  10.    #10  
    yea i eject.
    The only reason it should luna restart is because it wasnt ejected properly. If it is ejected properly, it should just go straight back onto your normal screen.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    My desktop system is Win7 x64 and I have had problems ejecting my Pre+ from time to time. I finally realized that when I was having issues ejecting my Pre+ that if I manually stopped Palm Novacom the eject proceeded normally. Do not forget to restart Palm Novacom once you have disconnected your Pre.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47