1.    #1  
    Any advice please, for some reason my Pre2 (2.1) has just stopped opening the Contacts App, you select the icon and nothing happens. I've tried rebooting etc, no dice.

I've also tried deleting the sync account with Exchange to no avail.
    I would install lumberjack with preware and search for errors in the logfile.
  3.    #3  
    Hi, I've installed lumberjack but I'm not really sure what I'm looking for.

Certainly I can see events relating to the Calendar when I select that icon but I get no acknowledgement of any events relating to the Contacts when I select that icon.

Is there anything specific I should be looking for ?
    I would try:
    Close Calendar
    Open Lumberjack
    "What to look for" -> everything
    Button Follow Log
    Open Calendar

I would expect some User-Crit Error in red most likely from com.palm.calendar

EDIT: Or maybe from the com.palm.launcher

EDIT2: Sorry not calendar but com.palm.app.contacts
    Last edited by somline; 05/26/2011 at 11:29 AM.
  5.    #5  
    If I leave 'Everything' on I can't see the wood for the trees so I've put a custom filter of 'com.palm.app'.

Now when I launch email I get User.Notice about submission of email
    The same for Calendar and the same for phone.

But when I select the Contacts icon I get nothing, the icon highlights but no app is launched nothing comes out in the log file, it's like the icon is not linked to the application any more.

Is there an exe I can run from a terminal or Internalz from /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts
    In a shell (terminal) type:
    Code:
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.applicationManager/launch "{ 'id':'com.palm.app.contacts' }"
    I'm assuming using just type the contacts application still won't open?
    What about if you search for a contact with just type does the contact record open?
    Can you backswipe to get back to contacts?
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Thanks for your support HardBeatZ.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    I'm assuming using just type the contacts application still won't open?
    What about if you search for a contact with just type does the contact record open?
    Can you backswipe to get back to contacts?
    Nope, can't access contacts via just type either, it finds the contact but you can't open it.
    Quote Originally Posted by murts View Post
    Nope, can't access contacts via just type either, it finds the contact but you can't open it.
    Did you try that command I mentioned? It will not harm your device.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    In a shell (terminal) type:
    Code:
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.applicationManager/launch "{ 'id':'com.palm.app.contacts' }"
    Gives

returnvalue:true
    processid:success

But still no Contacts application opening......

Thanks for your continuing help here, any more ideas ?
    Gives

returnvalue:true
    processid:success

But still no Contacts application opening......

Thanks for your continuing help here, any more ideas ?
    Then something is really screwed up in your device. Depending on your webOS version you can try the "webOS repair utility" from jason: http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ty-v2-1-a.html
  13.    #13  
    Then something is really screwed up in your device. Depending on your webOS version you can try the "webOS repair utility" from jason: http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ty-v2-1-a.html
    I thought WebOS Repair wasn't available for 2.1 yet. I really don't want to have to Doctor this damned thing again........
    I thought WebOS Repair wasn't available for 2.1 yet. I really don't want to have to Doctor this damned thing again........
    Sorry, therefore I said "depending of your version". Don't know if it's available for 2.1.
    What I don't understand is that you don't get any error messages in the logfile.
    If you already doctored, it will get faster each time you did.
    Use Save/Restore and Preware (save packet list) and you're done.
  15.    #15  
    Sorry, therefore I said "depending of your version". Don't know if it's available for 2.1.
    What I don't understand is that you don't get any error messages in the logfile.
    If you already doctored, it will get faster each time you did.
    Use Save/Restore and Preware (save packet list) and you're done.
    Thanks for your help on this, I'll have a look at Save/Restore and Preware (save packet list), before I've been using WebOS Quick Install to get things back, but I do have adhoc update files for backgrounds etc that I need to do manually.

Cheers.