Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30
  1.    #1  
    Hey guys,

    I walked into a Sprint store at a mall one day and asked about any future WebOS phones coming to Sprint. The guy working there didn't know anything about any releases. So then he insisted on telling that I'm eligible for an upgrade and recommended me to get some crappy Andriod phone but I refused.

    Then he said something that I didn't find at all surprising. He said, "You WebOS fans are so hard headed. Once you tried the WebOS you never want to go back!" He went further and said, "Every time I get customers asking about Pre phones I kinda give up on trying to sell them any other phones because they get so defensive."

    Thought it was funny so I wanted to share :P
  2. #2  
    That's the kind of loyalty most product designers only dream about.
  3. #3  
    Wow. That is pretty cool to hear. There must be lots of webOS users in your area.

    I've seen MAYBE like 3 Pres/Pixis in the wild near me.
  4. #4  
    Is it showing my age that when I read the thread title, i read it with a tune in my head and expected the post to say:

    "When I walked into a Sprint store
    Like I was walking onto a yacht
    My hat strategically dipped below one eye
    My scarf it was apricot..."




    LTTVIMH
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    Is it showing my age that when I read the thread title, i read it with a tune in my head and expected the post to say:

    "When I walked into a Sprint store
    Like I was walking onto a yacht
    My hat strategically dipped below one eye
    My scarf it was apricot..."




    LTTVIMH
    WHAT
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    WHAT
    hahaha

    You're So Vain lyrics



    I guess the answer to my question is YES!!
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    Is it showing my age that when I read the thread title, i read it with a tune in my head and expected the post to say:

    "When I walked into a Sprint store
    Like I was walking onto a yacht
    My hat strategically dipped below one eye
    My scarf it was apricot..."




    LTTVIMH
    You're so vain,
    You probably think this thread is about you.
  8. #8  
    I never could make out those last two lines, i would always mumble them when singing along.

    apricot scarf, huh.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    I never could make out those last two lines, i would always mumble them when singing along.

    apricot scarf, huh.


    Ha. The one that USUALLY trips folks up is the next few:

    "You had one eye in the mirror as
    You watched yourself GAVOTTE..."
  10. #10  
    I thought you were going to say that the rep said, "Yes, there will be a Pre 3." Then, ask you to sign up for a 2 year contract and get a $150 credit on your bill. It seems like some WebOS fans are falling for this trick.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by FliedLice View Post
    Wow. That is pretty cool to hear. There must be lots of webOS users in your area.

    I've seen MAYBE like 3 Pres/Pixis in the wild near me.
    I used to think the same thing, until last night. After the final soccer game for my son's team, I was passing out the participation trophies (don't get me started on this). The parents were all huddled around taking pictures and I noticed that two parents of different kids had their Pre's out taking pictures.

    And they thought I was smiling because I liked the kids....
  12. #12  
    LOL - i'll hand out soccer "trophies" tomorrow...much to my dismay. Be known that there are others that hate trophies as well...and we KEEP score amongst ourselves!

    Quote Originally Posted by rburtz View Post
    I used to think the same thing, until last night. After the final soccer game for my son's team, I was passing out the participation trophies (don't get me started on this). The parents were all huddled around taking pictures and I noticed that two parents of different kids had their Pre's out taking pictures.

    And they thought I was smiling because I liked the kids....
  13. #13  
    in 13teen months i've only seen one other pre in the wild..well more like a card swipe in the wild...oh well we WebOs users are not flashy right..we know what we got...not like Iphone users that like to wave there phones in your face like there a rockstar...ok were am I going with this....my sprint store knows me better they don't ask me anymore when I go in to pay my bill...as for WebOs...being a guy I couldn't say for sure which I would notice first if I saw a naked women with a pre in her hand....go fiqure
  14. #14  
    How about this?

    A rabbi, a minister, and an atheist walked into a Sprint store today. The minister had a Pre as he believes faith alone will get you into the kingdom of heaven. The rabbi had an iPhone as she believes both faith and good works are needed. The atheist had an off-contract dumb phone.

    They walked up to the sprint rep and said...


    That is as far as I got. Now, someone finish the joke.
  15. djmcgee's Avatar
    Posts
    626 Posts
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    How about this?

    A rabbi, a minister, and an atheist walked into a Sprint store today. The minister had a Pre as he believes faith alone will get you into the kingdom of heaven. The rabbi had an iPhone as she believes both faith and good works are needed. The atheist had an off-contract dumb phone.

    They walked up to the sprint rep and said...


    That is as far as I got. Now, someone finish the joke.
    Where, oh where, is DBD when you need him
    Dan
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy Rhino View Post
    LOL - i'll hand out soccer "trophies" tomorrow...much to my dismay. Be known that there are others that hate trophies as well...and we KEEP score amongst ourselves!
    It's hard to not keep score when the kids keep it and shout it out after every goal.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    How about this?

    A rabbi, a minister, and an atheist walked into a Sprint store today. The minister had a Pre as he believes faith alone will get you into the kingdom of heaven. The rabbi had an iPhone as she believes both faith and good works are needed. The atheist had an off-contract dumb phone.

    They walked up to the sprint rep and said...


    That is as far as I got. Now, someone finish the joke.


    The atheist said "I'd like an Android phone. I'm already going to hell. I might as well get used to it now!"
  18. #18  
    Unfotunately, the minister, Harold Camping, believed the world to end and that his faith would rapture him into heaven. He was wrong, because the facts (cough, cough RUMORS) or lack thereof, caused him an error in calculation. And the rabbi mocked and laughed along with atheist.
  19. #19  
    keep 'em coming, we could use some (gallows) humor around here.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    How about this?

    A rabbi, a minister, and an atheist walked into a Sprint store today. The minister had a Pre as he believes faith alone will get you into the kingdom of heaven. The rabbi had an iPhone as she believes both faith and good works are needed. The atheist had an off-contract dumb phone.

    They walked up to the sprint rep and said...


    That is as far as I got. Now, someone finish the joke.


    Minister said: "I spoke to Gawd and asked Him to be sure the Pre3 was available by the time my upgrade was ready. Alas, it isn't so!"

    Rabbi said: "I spoke to Gawd and asked him to get me Flash on my iPhone and to fix the 'death grip' issue. Alas, it isn't so"


    Atheist says: "Hey...don't look at me! If I believed I could speak to Gawd do you think I'd waste my time speaking to a SPRINT REP?"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions