1.    #1  
    So I finally received my palm pre plus on att. I am finally a WebOS user after about a year of watching this website. I must say while I miss certain apps my iphone had, I am generally pleased with my WebOS device. Th battery drains so much faster than I expected. The OS is so polished for a device/update that is older than most. I serisouly cannot wait until im eligible for an upgrade in july...The pre3 or veer! prolly the veer but im so excited!
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Welcome to webOS!
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    would you mind telling us the apps you miss the most. That is good information for developers to know! Thanks!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    would you mind telling us the apps you miss the most. That is good information for developers to know! Thanks!
    I have both a USAA app, which was awesome for mobile deposits since they have virtually no branches. Also, I enjoyed the Xfinity app, for my comcast cable system. Hmm, for fun I like the TWI (texting while intoxicated app) and the major one would be Skype! Finally, the ATT app for paying my bill and checking my wifes data usage haha. I did use the "Pulse News app" a lot but WebOS has a "News" app which is similar, pulse was better but it still works.

I guess those would be the mains ones I used. Great question!
  5.    #5  
    Also my beloved nook app.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony81586 View Post
    So I finally received my palm pre plus on att. I am finally a WebOS user after about a year of watching this website. I must say while I miss certain apps my iphone had, I am generally pleased with my WebOS device. Th battery drains so much faster than I expected. The OS is so polished for a device/update that is older than most. I serisouly cannot wait until im eligible for an upgrade in july...The pre3 or veer! prolly the veer but im so excited!
    Well since you have about 2 more months before upgrading why not meta-doctor your phone to 2.1? Here's a forum to get you started. Official webOS 2.1 What's New Thread - PreCentral Forums
    Why not get Veer instead of pre plus?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Why not get Veer instead of pre plus?
    Because its two months before my upgrade and would cost out the ***. So i got this for much cheaper to hold me over...I could get the veer for free form best buy soon enough.
    Welcome to webOS! I work for USAA and currently we have NO plans for webOS development, unfortunately. So don't hold your breath for that one. Can you use your old iOS device and still deposit from there? If not, use a scanner or try out the new easy deposits where you can deposit a check at a participating The UPS Store. USAA is a big HP customer so perhaps the Touchpad will open some doors, but currently the company and executives are in love with iPhone/iPad.
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    Welcome. Key word patience.
    Welcome. There are exciting times ahead. I hope.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by krope32 View Post
    Welcome to webOS! I work for USAA and currently we have NO plans for webOS development, unfortunately. So don't hold your breath for that one. Can you use your old iOS device and still deposit from there? If not, use a scanner or try out the new easy deposits where you can deposit a check at a participating The UPS Store. USAA is a big HP customer so perhaps the Touchpad will open some doors, but currently the company and executives are in love with iPhone/iPad.
    thanks for the info!
    just jimmy the hat