1.    #1  
    Here is his tweet from two hours ago...

"Hint on the 'surprise' reveal @makerfaire @ 1:30 .. it's NOT about devices yet an unreleased device will be used ."

My guess is they will use the unreleased Touchpad to reveal some new cool apps. Is anyone there to give more details?
    what date?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  3.    #3  
    This tweet came later from HP

"Always wanted to create your own killer app? Find out how today at 1:30pm from HP’s @philmckinney at #MakerFaire:"

We're about 45 minutes away. This will be on the center stage.
    Quote Originally Posted by dingwall1 View Post
    Here is his tweet from two hours ago...

"Hint on the 'surprise' reveal @makerfaire @ 1:30 .. it's NOT about devices yet an unreleased device will be used ."

My guess is they will use the unreleased Touchpad to reveal some new cool apps. Is anyone there to give more details?
    My guess is showing webOS on the PC or the Pre 3.
  5.    #6  
    The PC is released, so that can't be it. Further, the whole reason for him being there is clearly labeled "Creating Killer Apps".

Also, this excerpt was taken from The Next Bench Blog at HP.com, written by Phil...

"The term “Killer App” is used often these days, but wouldn’t it be cool if you could create an application that helps you ace your next test or make that perfect stock buy? Dreaming up and then creating the next great app may be simpler than you think. In this session, I plan to share how the barrier to creating killer apps is quickly coming down. I don’t want to go into too many details here and spoil the surprise, but I plan to demonstrate some really neat apps HP’s innovation team currently has in development. And I’ll go over my “wish list” of apps that I can only hope will inspire and challenge the DIY community to continue pushing boundaries."
    wonder why P/C dont pick up on these..... it would make good front page news on a slow weekend like this. Esp coming from Phil its legit too
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    maybe they are waiting on the actual news, or they may just be sleeping =X
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Did anyone watch, and see what the product that was used was? I was not able to, but I am guessing it was webos on a touchsmart?? Edit-I really bet that is what it was...I watched the youtube video several times and I swear I saw a card stack. I have a touchsmart, so I am super exited about getting webos on it.
    Last edited by Knsnik; 05/21/2011 at 05:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    wonder why P/C dont pick up on these..... it would make good front page news on a slow weekend like this. Esp coming from Phil its legit too
    Usually because no one submits a news tip on the front page
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I watched the youtube video again and the card stack is at 2:17. It also looks more like webos than it does my touchsmart software. Can't wait!! Edit- trying to post video...hope this works. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGxbhAQ8ldc&feature=youtube_gdata_player
    Uhh, I don't think that was the right video.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    It's the video that McKinney posted. Look again I tested it and it is the correct one. Here is the link to the post where the info about the video is. <a href="http://philmckinney.com/archives/2011/05/hacking-autism.html">Join me in hacking autism</a>
    It was the video he played during his presentation. However, that touchsmart is running software from a long time ago and doesn't really have anything to do with webOS...

yet...
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I still think I saw a stack of cards. I keep watching it, but its very brief. Edit-I watched it again...I'm sure the stack is there. Its in the middle of the screen.
    So, unfotunately.. Its nothing really. A video you can barely see much of and a HP touchscreen computer you can use?

But I'm glad that HP is helping with autism, something that needs to be figured out. Thumbs up for that.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Sprint Love