Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Simple Question:

Can I run the OTA update without removing my installed patches or do I need to uninstall patches prior to updating?
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    not sure. I unstalled mine but left uberkernel. Can't get patches to show up in Preware now that 1.4.5.1 is installed. Fail. If I had known I wouldn't have updated.
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    Did UberKernel continue to work because I removed it before the OTA. Now, I can't install it because it is not compatible with 1.4.5.1.
  4.    #4  
    Wow. Thanks for the feedback. I won't be performing the update based on that.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    I updated to 1.4.5.1 without uninstalling my patches or uberkernel and I haven't had any problem. After the update my patches were still there and active (surprised!) and it was still running uberkernel, though I did have to set the guvnah profile again. Note I only have about 8 patches installed. I DID uninstall my messaging plugins before updating but that's because their docs say to.
    I didn't uninstall anything at all - even left a theme installed. I let the phone do the 1.4.5.1 update, and everything appears to be working fine - even uberkernel.
  7.    #7  
    OK. I performed the update. Everything seemed to go fine. Everything appears to be working as it did prior to the update (patches & uberkernel included).

I did have to change my govnah profile. It had reverted back to the Palm Default 600.

I also noticed that preware is not loading patches. It only shows one available patch. Probably nothing matching 1.4.5.1.
    i did ota update w/out removing any patches. Same experiance, all patches there and gov/uber seems to be working, just had to re-select my custom profile after the update.

i get the same thing though about preware not loading. i think the feeds need to be updated form 1.4.5 to 1.4.5.1 or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by thednbselecta View Post
    i did ota update w/out removing any patches. Same experiance, all patches there and gov/uber seems to be working, just had to re-select my custom profile after the update.

i get the same thing though about preware not loading. i think the feeds need to be updated form 1.4.5 to 1.4.5.1 or something.
    Preware feeds are sorely messed up, even for me before initiating the update.
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    Patches are back. Woot! Thanks Preware.
    Uberkernel wants to update but fails. At lease it doesn't uninstall itself. I'm happy.

edit: Only patch to not install was Streaming Media Download. Still Happy.
    Last edited by namgod; 05/20/2011 at 06:35 AM. Reason: add single patch install failure.
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    Just re-installed UK and it works fine. I'm happy again! Thanks to those who made it happen!
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    I don't have a system of measurement other than the arbitrary bars on my phone, but I think my 3G connectivity/speed is improved after this update.

VZ Pre+
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Finally decided to give the update a go. Got tired of the little package icon. All went fine without uninstalling my theme or patches. A few of the updates for programs released today, come up with the app catalog can not run on your current operating system message, but all the homebrew stuff seems to be working fine. Not sure what has actually changed, but got rid of the pesky package in the corner
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    Quote Originally Posted by leebae View Post
    Simple Question:

Can I run the OTA update without removing my installed patches or do I need to uninstall patches prior to updating?
    Patches haven't needed to be removed fo quite some time now....
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    I still don't see an update for my Pre-.

What's the secret ?
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Follow up. When I run "Updates" I'm getting "Application updates are now available".

There are no Apps that need updating. Humm...
    Tom
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    Follow up. When I run "Updates" I'm getting "Application updates are now available".

Happens all the time. The update will get released EVENTUALLY but when you actually get it depends on country and carrier...
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    Happens all the time. The update will get released EVENTUALLY but when you actually get it depends on country and carrier...
    How about Sprint and US?
    Tom
    Same here. My Sprint Pixi- hasn't gotten anything yet. I'm not surprised though. And I live in the U.S as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post

I "think" this is a known bug that is due to the fact that if you remove an application and it is later updated you will get the notification but you will not see any apps listed as updatable. You have to either download the app and keep it or create a new profile as far as I understand things.

Annoying huh?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast