View Poll Results: How do you think the results will appear?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • HP Veer, by a large margin.

3 30.00%
  • HP Veer, by a small margin.

3 30.00%
  • Palm Pre Plus, by a small margin.

1 10.00%
  • Palm Pre Plus, by a large margin.

3 30.00%
  1.    #1  
    Okay, so with the launch of the Veer on AT&T's website, and my subsequent but unsurprising disappointment of it, I've decided to print out the simple image below and present it to people, asking simply, "Which would you rather buy?"

The experiment is designed to test the impact of the display image on peoples' shopping decisions, so I'm expecting the Pre Plus to win by a landslide. Still, I'd like to know what you think, so vote up!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Let me show you what cynicism looks like.
    Its your time, if you want to use it showing people simple images of electronics and asking them which ones they like, go for it.

Hard to say if your experiment will match real world results since people usually know more about phones and/or talk to salespeople or view demos before they buy.

But have a good time, its yours to spend.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Its your time, if you want to use it showing people simple images of electronics and asking them which ones they like, go for it.

Hard to say if your experiment will match real world results since people usually know more about phones and/or talk to salespeople or view demos before they buy.

Good point.

I think what I might do is just show them to the person, then gradually reveal features the Veer has over the Pre Plus, and document at which point they change their mind.
    You are talking about a PrePlus,right?

Why don't you just give them the 2 phones, you'll get your answer right away. The difference in speed is obvious.

Because of this difference, anything else is meaningless.

But its your time, have at it and enjoy yourself.
  5.    #5  
    Well, I would do that if I was trying to actually sell the phones. This is just an experiment in sensory perception is all, one that stems from my undying disappointment in the way webOS is marketed. It's just a really good target, is all.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post

I agree with this. Maybe you will get more people who want the Pre Plus over the Veer, but if they use the device and have someone explain why you would choose one over the other, I think the results would be different.
    I predict that the OP will be kicked out of stores for harassing patrons with unauthorized soliciting and canvassing.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I predict that the OP will be kicked out of stores for harassing patrons with unauthorized soliciting and canvassing.
    No I'm just going out on the street.

Still need to actually get out of the house.
    I think you need a job. Lol.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post
    I think you need a job. Lol.

I think I do too. Ar least I'm going to college though, lol.