1.    #1  
    After reading this article

..Top 10 Awesome Android Features that the iPhone Doesn't Have..

It got me wondering what are ten things webOS can do that IOS can't. Some of the things listed make me curious about the future, possibilities, and capabilities of webOS.

Can you list ten things that IOS can't do? For that matter maybe Android.
    Stacks and just type.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Full access to the phone for Homebrew apps and patching (no jailbreaking needed)
    1. flash - try tinyurl.com/cnnstream2 whenever cnn has live streaming coverage. works awesome. watched the manny pacquaio shane mosley fight from the phone on a site that was streaming flash video live

2. vpn - my company's cisco vpn is inaccessible on my buddy's iphone, but easy as 1-2-3 with webos 2.1 (ipsec). It's built right in

3. tethering - supported via a homebrew app.

4. nintendo roms and playing games - can you jailbreak an iphone to do that? (my buddy says he'd have to jailbreak which is a real pain)

Multitasking is more much intuitive with webos' cards view than iphone but that's not a difference per se
    Full screen to full screen app switching
    Um...A removable battery?
    Ringer switch
    Touchstone charger
    Exhibition mode
    Not carry the stigma of being an arrogant and trend-following sheep.

Yes it was really hard to not swear here.
    Let me show you what cynicism looks like.
    Don't for get INTERNALZ is in the APP CATALOG. We can browse the WebOS file system *natively* which is HUGE. As a Droid would say...

"i don't see my own files"

Combine this with the fact that every webOS phone doubles as a portable usb hard drive and iOS starts to look way less versatile.
    As a die hard webOS user, the lack of some apps is the 100 things an iphone can do.
    Like scan & identify Bar Code.
    Like translate printed material via the camera.
    Like Facetime (Pre3 ?)
    Plus 96 other really good apps.
    Hopefully they will all come when HP are successful with webOS ?
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    1. flash - try tinyurl.com/cnnstream2 whenever cnn has live streaming coverage. works awesome. watched the manny pacquaio shane mosley fight from the phone on a site that was streaming flash video live

2. vpn - my company's cisco vpn is inaccessible on my buddy's iphone, but easy as 1-2-3 with webos 2.1 (ipsec). It's built right in

3. tethering - supported via a homebrew app.

4. nintendo roms and playing games - can you jailbreak an iphone to do that? (my buddy says he'd have to jailbreak which is a real pain)

Multitasking is more much intuitive with webos' cards view than iphone but that's not a difference per se
    1: iPhone uses the CNN app to stream in HTML5, 42 ESPN apps, one of which will cover live events, and there is the more expensive setup such as Slingbox.

2: Stop listening to your friend, or tell your friend to update his iphone:iOS: Supported protocols for VPN

iOS works with VPN servers that support the following protocols and authentication methods:
    L2TP/IPSec with user authentication by MS-CHAPV2 Password, RSA SecurID or CryptoCard, and machine authentication by shared secret.
    PPTP with user authentication by MS-CHAPV2 Password, RSA SecurID, or CRYPTOCard.
    Cisco IPSec with user authentication by Password, RSA SecurID, or CRYPTOCard, and machine authentication by shared secret and certificates. Cisco IPSec supports VPN On Demand for domains you specify during device configuration.1
    Juniper Junos Pulse and Cisco AnyConnect, using the appropriate VPN app from the App Store. VPN On Demand is supported for domains you specify during device configuration.2

iOS can use certificates in the following raw formats1:

PKCS#1 (.cer, .crt, .der)
    PKCS#12 (.p12, .pfx)

3: You should know by now that tethering is supported. You mention homebrew, but that is not a selling point HP can use to consumers. If someone is really intent on not paying for it then the JB community has had this for years. It's not that hard to jailbreak, if you can click on a URL you can jailbreak.

4: Multitasking I'm giving webos the advantage. However, the word intuitive is thrown around alot by iphone/webos users, but do people know what it means?
    1: Using or based on what one feels to be true even without conscious reasoning; instinctive

There is nothing instinctive about a gesture area or the flicking cards off the screen. A person has to have prior experience, and since webos is the only platform with this, it is hardly instinctive or intuitive. See this women's first reaction when she went to use the Veer:
    Samsung Infuse 4G Vs. HP Veer 4G Size Battle
    Last edited by sinsin07; 05/15/2011 at 07:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    There is nothing instinctive about a gesture area or the flicking cards off the screen. A person has to have prior experience, and since webos is the only platform with this, it is hardly instinctive or intuitive. See this women's first reaction when she went to use the Veer:
    Samsung Infuse 4G Vs. HP Veer 4G Size Battle
    "Ummm....how do I use this?" lol
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    one key feature to mention. webOS got me to upgrade from my centro and pay real money to buy a webOS phone.. Apple and at&t have failed to get a dime from me in years.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    .- An independent device in its own right, not an appendage to a personal computer's iTunes.
    .- Programmable hardware switch behavior (via Mode Switcher, for instance)

Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    one key feature to mention. webOS got me to upgrade from my centro and pay real money to buy a webOS phone.. Apple and at&t have failed to get a dime from me in years.
    I hear ya! In Pre webOS 2008, and as an AT&T customer for 12 years at the time, I walked into either an Apple store or an AT&T store with the full intent to come out with an iPhone. It never happened. Then Sprint released the Pre and webOS got me to both upgrade to a smartypants phone *AND* switch carriers.
    Palm Pilot -> IBM WorkPad -> Handspring Visor -> Palm VIIx -> Palm T|X -> Palm Pre -> US GSM Palm Pre 2 [shelved] and 16GB HP TouchPad [died] -> (Samsung GNex and 32GB HP Touchpad with CM9)
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    Stacks and just type.
    The iPhone has had Spotlight since 2009. Swipe right on the home screen and just type whatever you want. You can customize what apps will be included in the results. If you want to talk instead use Voice Commands.

As to cards, see the TiPb Multitasking article. On the iPhone, double tap the Home key to see cards of your apps. Here are screen shots and a video: iPhone 4 - Multitasking done the right way. You swipe the cards then "tap one to reopen it. No need to wait for the app to reload...Apps can remember where you left off..."

As to some of the other thoughts... Homebrew, the iPhone JailBreak community is not Homebrew but they are pretty interesting. Tethering without paying requires Homebrew or Jailbreaking or rooting or at least breaking your contract. I prefer a Touchstone but the Powermat pretty much does the same inductive changing. There are apps that give the iPhone a range of Exhibition mode options.

The iPhone does lack a proper Notification LED, Flash, Ringer switch, DLNA, Near Field Communication (or TTS), USB OTG, LTE, Removable battery, keyboard options, microSD, and any screen size other than 3.5".

I am no fan of Apple, but you have to give the devil his due.
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 05/17/2011 at 08:36 AM.
    Guys, this thread isn't a debate about webOS vs iOS. Its about some Palm fans having some fun on a Palm fan site. Please keep the debating in the Other Handhelds forum. No need to suck the fun dry...

Thanks
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 05/16/2011 at 10:47 PM.