1.    #1  
    So a couple of months ago I did this webos doctor thing to my phone..
    (I bought a new pre)
    & I think it was an old version, like before updates so it screwed my phone up :/

I can't download ANY apps.
    Everytime I try it says I don't have any space..
    But I don't have any apps..

What should I do?
    Like at first I wanted the app where you can customize your phone.. it was a penguin thing, I just forget what it's called..

But now, I want to fix it!

But if I restart my phone will I lose all my contacts & photos?
    If so, I'm not going to do it..

But if I can keep my contacts, and photos and get the that penguin app again, could someone please guide me? With direct links, and stuff? I'm 16.. I'm not really "tech-savvy".
    Hi Sarah (I'll skip all the extra 'a's and 'h's )

Not sure what's going on for your device, but if you are running version 1.4.5, I would try running the Doctor again (making sure you are using the correct version for your phone).

Did you load a lot of music/videos, etc to take up room? Or is this error something that happened after Doctoring only?

You can run the Doctor right from HERE. Just follow the directions straight through the process. As long as you are running 1.4.5 currently, you shouldn't lose any files from your USB partition.
  3.    #3  
    No music no video, nothing.
    I'll try that, getting the latest version and stuff.
    If this works, I'm going to love you ahah.
    BTW... I deleted your other threads as you are only allowed to post a question in one forum (cross-posting not allowed).

If you have questions, just ask in this thread and we'll give you a hand!
  5.    #5  
    Sorry about that. I got desperate :P
  6.    #6  
    I don't know how to put my phone in "USB Update Mode"..
  7.    #7  
    nvm!
    Quote Originally Posted by saaraahhh View Post
    I don't know how to put my phone in "USB Update Mode"..
    It's a little weird...
    Turn your phone off, then take the battery out. Plug the phone into the computer with the USB cable, then a Battery Icon with a question mark should come up, hold the VOLUME UP button on the side of the phone as you put in the battery. It should work.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    No problem...

1. Connect the USB cable to the AC charger, and plug the AC charger into a working outlet. Do not connect it to your device yet.
    2. Open Device Info .
    3. Tap Reset Options, and then tap Shut Down.
    4. Remove the battery. See instructions for Palm Pre and Pre Plus or Palm Pixi and Pixi Plus.
    5. While the battery is out, write down your serial number (S/N).
    6. Connect the USB cable to the device. Press and hold the volume up button.
    7. Re-insert the battery.
    8. Release the volume up button when the large USB icon appears.

If you see the Palm logo instead, take out the battery and start over with step 7.
    9. Now you're ready to download webOS Doctor by clicking the clicking the "Get webOS Doctor" link.
  10.    #10  
    You guys are awesome..

Okay I did all that.
    But should my phone be connected to my computer or the wall when I'm done with these steps?
    Don't plug the phone into the computer until you get the large icon shown above. Once you see that Icon, you are ready to proceed with plugging into the computer and running the Doctor
    What should I do?
    Like at first I wanted the app where you can customize your phone.. it was a penguin thing, I just forget what it's called..
    , and photos and get the that penguin app again, could someone please guide me? With direct links, and stuff? I'm 16.. I'm not really "tech-savvy".
    Hello and you are with the right community as we do not judge any of our community members on their tech-savy ness.
    The penguin app I believe you are referring to is called Preware. You can download it the WebOS QuickInstall. *

Here is a page about QuickInstall
    You can get help on how to install it either from the developer who's name Jason Robitaille or from the WebOS community on*PreCentral.net

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-coding/206905-webos-quick-install-v2-96-a.html

This link takes you to the Preware*page.You can read about it elsewhere to but this is a good place to start.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-internals/199090-preware.html*

I hope this helps and good luck.
    You guys are awesome..

Okay I did all that.
    But should my phone be connected to my computer or the wall when I'm done with these steps?
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Don't plug the phone into the computer until you get the large icon shown above. Once you see that Icon, you are ready to proceed with plugging into the computer and running the Doctor
    It doesn't matter when you plug it into the computer, but it needs to be the computer because the software is on the computer.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    The reason you don't want to plug it into the computer before getting the Icon because the icon won't show up if it is drawing power from the computer while pulling the battery. That's why you need to make sure it is off and unplugged while pulling the battery. Then you can plug it in again while holding the volume UP button.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Then after you run webOS doc and update your pre you need to get webOS quick install and put you pre into "dev mode"(do a search to see how to do these things beacuse there are nice guides on this site for you to read) then you can install the "penguin app" to "hack" and customize your pre.

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    She ran the stand-alone installer, so she didn't need WOSQI Looks like she's up and running since she moved on to other threads with other questions. LOL