Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32
  1.    #1  

    I used to have Sirius Satellite Radio, but I found that most of the time I was only listening to Howard Stern. So I didn't see a point in paying full price for a service where I was only listening to 1 or 2 channels. So I dropped my plan with Sirius. Now I use my Pre as a streaming radio to listen to Howard Stern and to the Sprint Music Radio stations. Plus with the speaker volume patches installed, my phone is loud enough to allow for me to enjoy any of the streaming radio stations. Also, by having a mobile phone mount hooked up in my truck, it makes changing channels on my Pre just as easy as if I were changing channels on my Sirius device.

    I want to see if anyone else uses their phone in this way? I can't be the only one to listen to music this way. The Sprint Pre just makes a great streaming radio device, because of all the nice radio apps that exist for it. Plus Sprint Radio has tons of commercial free music stations. And 3G is also great for streaming radio, but I have found that even 1x can stream the radio just fine.

    So who else uses their Pre/Pixi as a streaming music device in their vehicle? And what stations do you listen to most often?



    Last edited by the2ndflood; 05/13/2011 at 06:43 PM.

    Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post

    I used to have Sirius Satellite Radio, but I found that most of the time I was only listening to Howard Stern. So I didn't see a point in paying full price for a service where I was only listening to 1 or 2 channels. So I dropped my plan with Sirius. Now I use my Pre as a streaming radio to listen to Howard Stern and to the Sprint Music Radio stations. Plus with the speaker volume patches installed, my phone is loud enough to allow for me to enjoy any of the streaming radio stations. Also, by having a mobile phone mount hooked up in my truck, it makes changing channels on my Pre just as easy as if I were changing channels on my Sirius device.

    I want to see if anyone else uses their phone in this way? I can't be the only one to listen to music this way. The Sprint Pre just makes a great streaming radio device, because of all the nice radio apps that exist for it. Plus Sprint Radio has tons of commercial free music stations. And 3G is also great for streaming radio, but I have found that even 1x can stream the radio just fine.

    So who else uses their Pre/Pixi as a streaming music device in their vehicle? And what stations do you listen to most often?



    I just use Grooveshark

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  3. Freshyz's Avatar
    Posts
    905 Posts
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    #3  
    After customizing Pandora and adding my favorite artists I love this app. The beauty of streaming it on my Pre- is that it does not use up the free 40hours a month limit and is commercial free. (dont forget to install the 'ad blocker' patch to get rid of pop-ups too) My only complaint is that you cannot edit your 'quick-mix' on your phone but it works flawless for me.
    8-tracks is cool too along with a few other music apps.
    Music Remix also rocks for your mp3 selection..
  4. #4  
    My setup is SPre on Touchstone and BT headphones for live streaming via Tune In.
    I see pandas.
  5. mauro1's Avatar
    Posts
    205 Posts
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    #5  
    My setup is with Touchstone mounted in the dash, with ModeSwitcher mode to fire up some sort of a streaming app (which I change around rather frequently between Pandora, Internet Radio, Imported Radio, Stitcher Radio, but also sometimes plain Amigo) whenever the phone detects the bluetooth connection along with a disconnection of wifi. Further more I have *TWO* bluetooth devices in my car, the HFP device for phone and an A2DP receiver for music.

    For long trips, or when I'm going ot a new place, I fire up Sprint Nav and Trapster manually. The webOS multitasking makes it all work; and it works seamlessly too!
    Palm Pilot -> IBM WorkPad -> Handspring Visor -> Palm VIIx -> Palm T|X -> Palm Pre -> US GSM Palm Pre 2 [shelved] and 16GB HP TouchPad [died] -> (Samsung GNex and 32GB HP Touchpad with CM9)
  6. itZmePre's Avatar
    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    #6  
    I have a Touchstone near the shifter with an AUX cable going to the in-dash stereo. I have been looking at the bluetooth adapters for receiving stereo signals but I'm still too cheap to blow $45 when I have the wired solution working fine.

    I use SprintNav over the speakers too and it is cool how it cuts the volume of Pandora and then gives directions, then returns to music again. If I am going to be in the car for long periods of time I pair the bluetooth earpiece and then if someone calls it cuts the Pandora and I hit the button to talk. Then afterwards it comes right back into the song I was listening to.
  7. brandonp1's Avatar
    Posts
    83 Posts
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    #7  
    Pandora and TuneIn are frequently used apps of mine. I don't have a TS in my vehicle, but the car charger works fine for me. I do notice that the Pandora app seems to hang up every once in a while though; it doesn't seem as responsive as it does for iOS. I don't know if it's webOS that hangs it up, or that if Pandora has just put more effort into iOS (likely).
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    don't forget to install the 'ad blocker' patch to get rid of pop-ups too
    This suggestion might break some streaming. I know that it breaks some podcasts and the Grooveshark app.



    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  9. Freshyz's Avatar
    Posts
    905 Posts
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    #9  
    [QUOTE=rsanchez1;2961741]This suggestion might break some streaming. I know that it breaks some podcasts and the Grooveshark app.


    I had no idea that patch can conflict in such a way. It is useful to hide the ads in Pandora as well as The Weather Channel app.
    Thnx for the heads up though..
  10. #10  
    between pandora and drPodder, I never turn my car radio on.
  11. ieko's Avatar
    Posts
    354 Posts
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    #11  
    I have custom shoutcast streams that I listen to and run the audio to my car speakers.

    Been doing this since the first iphone, it has changed my life haha.
  12. #12  
    I use Pandora mostly (which after "thumbing" for so long, plays a near perfect mix of my favorite music) and TuneIn the rest. Just like at home with my DVR, in the car, I rarely hear commercials. It's awesome!

    I have my Pre Classic in one of these Bracketron Grip-It Power Docks:



    Bluetooth'd to one of these nifty Jabra Cruiser 710's (which BestBuy Mobile Stores are blowing out for $19 BTW)



    It's an awesome setup and the Jabra works great! MUCH better than my old wired Tunecast II FM transmitter. Plus since the Cruiser is a car A2DP car speakerphone, it has play\pause\track buttons on it that I use to control my Pre without even touching it.


    (p.s. I had one of these Bracketron Universal Grip-It before and while it worked great, was too much hassle with cup holder real estate. (I use both my cup holders for food. )

  13. #13  
    I velcored a Touchstone to the left of my steering wheel and run the charger cable and tape adapter underneath the steering column over to it. From there its Pandora and drPodder while I'm driving.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    I had no idea that patch can conflict in such a way. It is useful to hide the ads in Pandora as well as The Weather Channel app.
    Thnx for the heads up though..
    It caught me by surprise too. I already had been unable to stream some podcasts, and then I suddenly couldn't stream Grooveshark. Then I remember that the Max Blocker patch description mentioned it might break some apps, so I tried Ad Blocker and still nothing. Only after I removed all ad blocker patches did everything work.


    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  15. #15  
    The ash tray in my car is setup in such a way that I can stick my Pixi+ in it (albeit sideways) and it'll stay upright.

    With that, an FM transmitter I switch between Slacker (Pandora is too slow), drPodder, and TuneIn and it keeps me happy on the roads.
  16. #16  
    I use grooveshark and drpodder mostly. How do you get Howard Stern on your phone? I thought he was Sirius exclusive.
  17. #17  
    Haven't listened to a radio commercial since Oct. of 09 thanks to my Pre.
  18. #18  
    TuneIn by RadioTime is a fantastic app. Use it constantly.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    This suggestion might break some streaming. I know that it breaks some podcasts and the Grooveshark app.
    Before my recent trip to the Doctor I had the Ad Block patch and GrooveShark and no problems.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    Bluetooth'd to one of these nifty Jabra Cruiser 710's (which BestBuy Mobile Stores are blowing out for $19 BTW)



    It's an awesome setup and the Jabra works great! MUCH better than my old wired Tunecast II FM transmitter. Plus since the Cruiser is a car A2DP car speakerphone, it has play\pause\track buttons on it that I use to control my Pre without even touching it.
    I'm not finding it for $19 - how did you find that - is it only in store? Web price at Best Buy mobile is $39.99

    Also you mentioned it was a better FM transmitter - how much better. The few I have tried suck. Is this really worth trying or is it going to disappoint?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions