Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    I'm not finding it for $19 - how did you find that - is it only in store? Web price at Best Buy mobile is $39.99

Also you mentioned it was a better FM transmitter - how much better. The few I have tried suck. Is this really worth trying or is it going to disappoint?
    Yes it was in store. They have those BB Mobile stores in the malls (at least down here in FL) and it's on clearance on the rack. I bought 2 one for each car.

As for the FM transmitting, I've only used the original Tunecast and the II and while both worked, the transmitters were easily overpowered and you got static. So far in 2 weeks or so, it's been very clean and strong. It also has auto scanning to find a "solid" channel to broadcast too which is better than the "tune-by-hand" method which is more hit-and-miss.
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    I use Pandora mostly (which after "thumbing" for so long, plays a near perfect mix of my favorite music) and TuneIn the rest. Just like at home with my DVR, in the car, I rarely hear commercials. It's awesome!

Bluetooth'd to one of these nifty Jabra Cruiser 710's (which BestBuy Mobile Stores are blowing out for $19 BTW)

It's an awesome setup and the Jabra works great! MUCH better than my old wired Tunecast II FM transmitter. Plus since the Cruiser is a car A2DP car speakerphone, it has play\pause\track buttons on it that I use to control my Pre without even touching it.
    I just bought one of these for $20. Thanks for the tip! If you are remotely interested, run to your nearest Best Buy Mobile store and get one of these. It works great, and no wires!
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    I have used grooveshark,pandora, radio time( 100.5 the deserts best mix from socal is my station), songs from youtube app, And of course the music player with my music

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    walmart sells a cheap FM transmitter for like 20$ or less works fine. Or if you have audio-in (infiniti)

yeah thinking about cancelling my pricey sirius xm as well.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    walmart sells a cheap FM transmitter for like 20$ or less works fine. Or if you have audio-in (infiniti)

yeah thinking about cancelling my pricey sirius xm as well.
    You have to be careful when it ones to cheap FM Transmitters. The cheaper ones may only have a few channels that the FM Transmitter can transmit to. And if those radio stations are already being used, then you would not be able to use those channels for streaming. So you want to make sure you get a transmitter with a lot of channels that it can transmit to.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

6.    #26  
    Oh and just in case anyone else is interested. I use Net2Streams Pro to listen to Howard Stern. Just do a search within the app under "Howard Stern" and you will find the stations that stream his radio show.

I have used FM transmitters before, and the Jabra Cruiser is by far the best I've seen.
    Guys...In my opinion,breakdown and change your car radio for a radio with an AUX port, and you are cooking with gas. You can pick up a radio for about 100 dollars and have a great sound all the time. Additionally, you can plug any device to the radio that has a headset jack. you dont need a very fancy radio since your phone is now your source for music.
    Aux port is great, but wireless is nice, too. What I'd really like to have is a radio that supports stereo bluetooth. Until then, I'm sticking with my Cruiser, which is portable to any vehicle with an FM radio.
    Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post

I used to have Sirius Satellite Radio, but I found that most of the time I was only listening to Howard Stern. So I didn't see a point in paying full price for a service where I was only listening to 1 or 2 channels. So I dropped my plan with Sirius. Now I use my Pre as a streaming radio to listen to Howard Stern and to the Sprint Music Radio stations. Plus with the speaker volume patches installed, my phone is loud enough to allow for me to enjoy any of the streaming radio stations. Also, by having a mobile phone mount hooked up in my truck, it makes changing channels on my Pre just as easy as if I were changing channels on my Sirius device.

I want to see if anyone else uses their phone in this way? I can't be the only one to listen to music this way. The Sprint Pre just makes a great streaming radio device, because of all the nice radio apps that exist for it. Plus Sprint Radio has tons of commercial free music stations. And 3G is also great for streaming radio, but I have found that even 1x can stream the radio just fine.

So who else uses their Pre/Pixi as a streaming music device in their vehicle? And what stations do you listen to most often?

I most use it to stream music from my home PC to my Pre Plus or to listen to the Podcast. I attempted to use the more expensive FM transmitter but one to many channel in my area and two it sucked! for the Same price (almost) i picked up a aftermarket radio and installed it (uber easy)

Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    Aux port is great, but wireless is nice, too. What I'd really like to have is a radio that supports stereo bluetooth. Until then, I'm sticking with my Cruiser, which is portable to any vehicle with an FM radio.
    I picked up a Sony that supports Bluetooth for 89 bucks (support stero audio and phone with a built in mic. MEX2800

The problem i have is (very very very small problem.) if i don't have my phone on the touchstone when teh phone goes to sleep it kills the player.
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    I guess i'm lucky.. I just stream Pandora or Slacker (depending on my mood) through Bluetooth to SYNC in my Ford Fusion.

My car has 6 months free Sirius, and i'm not planning to subscribe. Why bother, when I get free streaming radio? The only channel I will miss is the traffic.

Edit: Forgot to add, the Pre+ gets pretty warm sitting on the Touchstone while streaming, but it works.
  12.    #32  
    Can a mod please change the spelling in my forum title? It should be "Drive", not "Driving".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12