Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    My Sprint Pre- is dying and I'm thinking about trying out an Android phone for a month. If I port my number over to the new phone and put my Pre in airplane mode, will my Pre continue to work at all?
    yes, but as soon as you turn on any of the radios, it will log you out of your profile.

Instead, you can use the Palm bypass tool and the first-use patch to log in to your palm profile without activated service and then you will also be able to use the wifi connection for catalog access, web surfing, email, etc.
    Switching to an Android phone will have no effect on your palm profile. You can continue using your Pre on wifi. I have swapped between my new Pre and old Pre to test drive webOS 2.1, and did not have to worry about anything since they are using different palm profiles. Only activating a new webOS device with the same profile would cause a problem if you connected your old one to wifi. (Ask me how I know )
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Grabber, did you deactivate the phone service on the old Pre when you were toying with the new one?
    i have a pre+, but activated a new pixi+. now i cant get into the pre+ to erase my stuff to sell the phone on ebay. can i doctor to fix issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by alanh View Post
    Grabber, did you deactivate the phone service on the old Pre when you were toying with the new one?
    Yes. I went to sprint.com/activate, signed in and selected the old device, then selected 'activate new device'. Enter the MEID of the new device and it activates that device and deactivates the old one. The first time I had to RTN reset the new phone using the codes they give you when you activate the new device. That was the only time I've had to do that though. Every other time the over-the-air activation worked just fine and the phone worked right away. The important thing is to not use the same palm profile on both devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by protofa View Post
    i have a pre+, but activated a new pixi+. now i cant get into the pre+ to erase my stuff to sell the phone on ebay. can i doctor to fix issue?
    Doctor wont delete the USB storage. Use the Palm bypass tool to get the phone started, then you can use the "secure erase" option to wipe the phone completely.
    Quote Originally Posted by protofa View Post
    1. Tap on the emergency call button
    2. Delete 911
    3. Type #*#HELPHELP# on the keypad and click the green button (various carriers have different codes..so it may be #*HELPHELP# or ##HELPHELP#
    4. Click reset options
    5. Select full erase
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    1. Tap on the emergency call button
    2. Delete 911
    3. Type #*#HELPHELP# on the keypad and click the green button (various carriers have different codes..so it may be #*HELPHELP# or ##HELPHELP#
    4. Click reset options
    5. Select full erase
    NICE!!!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    OK, so as long as I don't get a new WebOS device and log in with the same Palm Profile credentials, my Pre should continue to work as an iPod Touch-like device, right? I know that an Android device wouldn't affect my Palm stuff.

Please correct me if I'm wrong!

FYI, I had to replace my Pre once before, but it deactivated, I suspect due to using the same Palm Profile..... Dealing with it in that state was a major PITA and I lost data. (Oh how I yearn for the days of full restores from BackupBuddy and NVBackup. SaveRestore seems like it's close, but it's nowhere near as effortless...)
    Last edited by alanh; 05/13/2011 at 03:28 PM. Reason: added experience....
    Quote Originally Posted by alanh View Post
    OK, so as long as I don't get a new WebOS device and log in with the same Palm Profile credentials, my Pre should continue to work as an iPod Touch-like device, right? I know that an Android device wouldn't affect my Palm stuff.

Please correct me if I'm wrong!
    Right on the money