webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Discussion Lounge > Google Talk on webOS 2.0 doesn't re-login after signal loss
Google Talk on webOS 2.0 doesn't re-login after signal loss
Like Tree5Likes

Old 01/31/2012, 06:13 PM   #41 (permalink)

I don't think this is a very high priority for anyone at HP, they are working on open sourcing the OS.

Maybe around September this can once again be looked at.

But I say, in the process of open sourcing it... why not just fix this bug?
zemoffm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/12/2012, 06:15 PM   #42 (permalink)

Any updates on this?
ZeroZorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/01/2012, 08:35 PM   #43 (permalink)

I figured it was the underlying switch to node.js or whatever the new framework is for services, but since I only had this issue with google talk, that is what I pegged it on. This is now open sourced to my understanding. Anyway, I don't know how the bug fixing process or entire version release process will work once webos is fully open sourced, but here's hoping there will be an easy way to post bug reports and view the bug fixing process, like any good open source product.

Here's hoping that releases will be coming in monthly or so once its open sourced, with webos doctors (or even OTA updates, although i don't know how HP/carriers will manage this) being released at a nice clip. Although this is definitely an ideal, perfect world scenario.

Once this bug is fixed, I'm probably moving back to webos full time.
Old 05/18/2012, 04:21 PM   #44 (permalink)

Check out the Messaging Plugins by filmor_. Deactivate the Messaging-function of your Google-account and start using the Google Talk-service you'll find within the patch.

Even in an early state it seems to me that this plugin is free of these bugs so far.
Sad to say that I was wrong - it just took a little time until it happened again

Last edited by HelmutsKohl; 05/22/2012 at 11:55 AM.
HelmutsKohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/21/2012, 09:24 AM   #45 (permalink)
hux

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelmutsKohl View Post
Check out the Messaging Plugins by filmor_. Deactivate the Messaging-function of your Google-account and start using the Google Talk-service you'll find within the patch.

Even in an early state it seems to me that this plugin is free of these bugs so far.
Doesn't seem to fix the issue for me. As described, I deactivated the Messaging on my Google Account and went for the patch. After reboot, I could log in thru that new GoogleTalk Option. But I am again logged out of my account after like 30 minutes. My contacts still show as online, but messaging them gives an error. Can't even login again, hitting available (green light) does not change a thing. *sigh*

Getting really tired with all these webOS bugs.
hux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/30/2012, 01:53 PM   #46 (permalink)

Hello!

I create a patch to force all messaging accounts to be online. I create an activity that every 15 minutes set the state availabe for all accounts, so for example, Gtalk will force to relogin if it was disconnected.

Beware!, if you apply this patch, you always will be online on all your messaging accounts, even if you change manually the state to offline!
Attached Files
File Type: patch messaging-always-online.patch (1.9 KB, 58 views) Email Attachment
gimco is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Rnp, kostka and Dnilo like this.
Old 08/20/2012, 03:54 AM   #47 (permalink)

does this messaging-always-online.patch work?
anyone try?
spideryong is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Rnp likes this.
Old 08/29/2012, 12:40 AM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
We all have it, and there's a potential fix being worked on.
Dare I ask... any progress to report on this fix? My hopes are still up.
Old 08/29/2012, 04:57 AM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zemoffm View Post
Dare I ask... any progress to report on this fix? My hopes are still up.
Don't expect too much. NuttyBunny announced a Messaging Patch and put us off for almost a year until filmor developed it. Never heard anything else but 'As soon as my other project gets done'.

My 10$ for the person who's going to release a fix for this issue
HelmutsKohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/30/2012, 03:36 AM   #50 (permalink)
hux

I'd chip some dollars in, as well.
hux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/30/2012, 09:23 AM   #51 (permalink)
Rnp

Hey! What are talking about?

I tested the Gimco's patch and worked perfectly! Until too much... because I cannot stay invisible now!! Hahahahahahahaha

PS: Gimco, can you send this patch to Preware?

Best Regards...
Old 08/31/2012, 01:08 AM   #52 (permalink)

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate someone taking a stab at it, but... doesn't sound like a complete fix yet. It seems that it should be fixable through a patch based on what was said earlier in the thread. And that rhymes so it must be true.
Liked by HelmutsKohl likes this.
Old 12/09/2012, 10:06 PM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimco View Post
Beware!, if you apply this patch, you always will be online on all your messaging accounts, even if you change manually the state to offline!
gimco, thanks a lot for the patch.

So, the only way to offline the account is disconnect the mobile data and wifi connection, is that correct?
kostka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/10/2012, 08:36 AM   #54 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

yes.

The issue with that patch is that it won't help if the background process has died... this still happens to me on 2.2.4 sometimes.

The other issue is that it, obviously, will suck dry your battery (especially in areas with bad reception), because these IM stuff needs an active network connection always. But that's not really caused by the patch but more by the idea to be online in an IM with your phone.
Garfonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/10/2012, 09:52 AM   #55 (permalink)

It's a little annoying to have to resort to, but the Xterm method mentioned on page 1 works every time. I'm surprised by how many people seem to have completely ignored that post and complain pages later that they have to reboot their phone.

The terminal is your friend, people!
jlamb0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gtalk pre2 chat

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0