Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Let's start the discussion. My guess would be a $49.99 discount on the 2 year contract price that most likely will be $200 for a Pre 3. IF they sell them that is.
    Each user will get a personal visit from the new spokesperson if they vocalize their displeasure...

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-palm...ighlight=boxer
    Last edited by Unclevanya; 05/10/2011 at 03:43 PM.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    is it just me, or did Palm say they would make things right and be explaining the details in the "coming weeks"? That was 4 months ago!!
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    The only way things would be made right is if they released 2.x for all us pre owners. A doctor download would be fine, it doesn't have to be OTA. They did it in Germany. They should man up and say that the carriers have them by the balls and wont let them distribute their update, or give us all pre2's for free.
    So only the Sprint Pre- owners are going to have it "made right" ?
    I'm still on my Pre- in the UK on O2! (Although it's currently aware being repaired for dodgy touchscreen).

I'm hoping they will go through all the palm profiles that were created before a certain time on the Pre- and offer a discounted Pre 3. It looks like I'm going to be buying mine from HP as O2 UK have said they will not be carrying the Pre 3
    Quote Originally Posted by richardtank View Post
    So only the Sprint Pre- owners are going to have it "made right" ?
    I'm still on my Pre- in the UK on O2! (Although it's currently aware being repaired for dodgy touchscreen).
    (
    I'm a Pre Plus user - when I bought my Pre Plus they were still promising Flash, Voice Dial, etc. as features that would be delivered to the phone I purchased. Whoops. . .

I'd be happy with those features in a newer release of the 1.x code branch but it doesn't make any sense to maintain a lot of effort on 1.x at this point. 2.x on Pre - and Pre + hardware seems OK but buggy.

Personally I'm more upset about the crippled GPS in my Verizon unit. The other day I checked my location and I was reported MILES from where I was. I can live with that - but I wonder if this problem extends to E911 and if so if there is a leg to stand on for VZW/Palm in not fixing this collectively.
    I'm sure hp will do something still . But there's no telling what .
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    Optimism is nice - I am curious what on earth do you think they could do that would not:

• Cost too much.
    • Annoy people by being too little.
    • Be better than letting sleeping dogs lie.

PS - I am NOT being sarcastic. I like optimism and hope to hear your thoughts or others on this subject. My own brain is not leaning in that optimistic direction on this topic and so I'm having a hard time playing devil's advocate for myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    I'm a Pre Plus user - when I bought my Pre Plus they were still promising Flash, Voice Dial, etc. as features that would be delivered to the phone I purchased. Whoops. . .
    I forgot they were promosing Flash... I was looking forward to that, and had forgotten. I suppose it shows I didn't *really* need it though.
    I'd like an updated email and youtube client. Although from what I gather WebOS 2.x is still using the same app as 1.x

I can't really see what HP can do without messing up their profits on the new device. Possibly just send to swag (T-Shirts, mousemat, crap like that). I'd just love something like 20% off the Pre3 OR TouchPad. Or maybe just a 20 voucher. All of those things will mess with their Gross Profit though, and I assume (like any business) they've got targets to meet!

I will be supprised if we get anything; Unclevanya has probably hit the nail on the head.
    Each user will get a personal visit from the new spokesperson if they vocalize their displeasure...

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-palm...ighlight=boxer
    Optimism is nice - I am curious what on earth do you think they could do that would not:

• Cost too much.
    • Annoy people by being too little.
    • Be better than letting sleeping dogs lie.

PS - I am NOT being sarcastic. I like optimism and hope to hear your thoughts or others on this subject. My own brain is not leaning in that optimistic direction on this topic and so I'm having a hard time playing devil's advocate for myself.
    I think that a $50 discount on a new phone or tablet would not cost them very much. It costs them nothing if they lose you (ie you don't use the discount) and my guess is their profit margin on the tablet or phone is more than $50. If it is less, it can't be more than a few dollars less, and such a loss would likely be made up in a few app purchases, plus the chance of keeping you in the WebOS market for future iterations and other products.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    I'm sure they won't.

Too many lies have been told.
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
    You guys are looking into this far too deeply.

Make things right.

Make a decent phone.

'nuff said.

(as a non-Sprint customer, I don't feel a whole lot of sympathy for the Sprint users that want things made right. Label it collectively as Pre- users in general, fine, but to just isolate Sprint-only......not buying it.)

(I've suffered and gone through the exact same BS you guys have, and I'd bet Verizon has even more with their GPS issues, so either we all get it......or none of us does )
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Ninety days and counting! HP's promise will probably vaporize just like Mojo Messaging Service.
    "Visits? Well that would indicate visitors."
    "Future events such as these will affect you in the future."
    making things right = offering good hardware on good carriers (i.e. VZW)?

Personally, if they actually do something I think it will be in the form of app catalog credit, or something else they can provide without going through the carriers. Involving the carriers would be too complicated.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Just a lot of weeks, that's all........;-)
  16.    #16  
    sledge007 10:41 PM 05/10/2011 -- [Reply] [!!](
    as a non-Sprint customer, I don't feel a whole lot of sympathy for the Sprint users that want things made right. Label it collectively as Pre- users in general, fine, but to just isolate Sprint-only......not buying it.)
    Point well taken. I originally did have this thread titled as such. I think the discussion ought to focus mainly on the "making it right" part for the Pre- owner. We were all snowed into the OTA update promises of Flash and WebOS from the launch. It was DEFINATELY a selling point and feature that seperated this OS from the herd. I think things got complicated when Palm was sold. They no longer had to answer with updates and software fixes because as far as they were concerned the game was over. They were under the control of HP who have a completely different philosophy on software support. Now let's hold them to THEIR promise to "make things right" with some way for Pre- owners to feel respected with AT LEAST some form of discount. I like the idea of using your Palm Profile to scale the discount by date activated someone mentioned above.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Probably a voucher for a certain amount off a Pre3/Veer.

On Verizon or AT&T.
    Quote Originally Posted by sjaakb View Post
    Just a lot of weeks, that's all........;-)
    I think you are on to something...

Time

Time heals all and they have given us a lot of that.
    Let's not forget sprint will have to make it right also. After all it takes two to make a business deal.
    I'm still of the opinion their "making it right" was probably to drop that Pre-compatable 2.1 version so Internals could make that meta-doctors.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast