1.    #1  
    Got a HP ad email with HP smart phones at the top list of stuff.

Here's the page it's linked too.

05-2011 : Why smartphones are smart for business!
    Nice AD
    Palm IIIx >>> Palm V >>> Palm Vx >>> Tungsten T5 >>> webOS 2.1 emulator

Pre|central Peacekeepers
    SO easy anyone can do it! HP webOS First App Tutorial

If i have helped you; please click the Thanks button.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    With a lack of decent PIM applications and an awful email client, I can't see how a webOS device is good for business. Unless of course your workforce are mainly teenage girls who only need to update their Facebook status.
    That's a bit harsh. Sure, the PIM and e-mail could stand some work, but they are hardly useless. I probably read more work e-mail on my Pre- than I do on my office desktop. It is a far better business phone option than IOS or Android. HP is right to go after RIM on this segment.
    Pim and and email still need fixing, but I picked up a Nexus S to try for a bit since I miss placed my Pre and the email is no better. Quicker yes, better no. Still a pain to get to folders and you cant send mail items straight to a folder.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    I think a lot of PalmOS users were severly disappointed in the webOS PIM apps because they weren't nearly as robust and useful as their predecessors. The lack of any significant upgrades to these (Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, Memos) reflects either neglect or indifference on the part of Palm/HP for the legacy users or even for current business users. Hoping the webOS 3.0 finally addresses their shortcomings and brings them up to the quality of the PalmOS versions. Until then, webOS is no better than any other mobile OS for business use.
    Quote Originally Posted by klynngullo View Post
    I think a lot of PalmOS users were severly disappointed in the webOS PIM apps because they weren't nearly as robust and useful as their predecessors. The lack of any significant upgrades to these (Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, Memos) reflects either neglect or indifference on the part of Palm/HP for the legacy users or even for current business users. Hoping the webOS 3.0 finally addresses their shortcomings and brings them up to the quality of the PalmOS versions. Until then, webOS is no better than any other mobile OS for business use.
    I think a big problem too is competition. I don't work in an enterprise setting, but I am tech coordinator and administrator in a school and rely on Exchange on my Pre constantly. I switched from iOS and there aren't many PIM features that it had over the Pre. If the Pre is on par with the competition (is it?) then they have little incentive to improve.

In terms of PIM features the only ones that I would love to have is the ability to check others calendars, book resources/invite attendees, and auto sync sub folders.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by klynngullo View Post
    I hear ya! I'm also hoping the Enyo re-writes bring the PIM apps up to the PalmOS quality. But the more time that goes by the more I lose hope. I just can't believe they didn't model the webOS apps off them from the start.
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    I think a big problem too is competition. I don't work in an enterprise setting, but I am tech coordinator and administrator in a school and rely on Exchange on my Pre constantly. I switched from iOS and there aren't many PIM features that it had over the Pre. If the Pre is on par with the competition (is it?) then they have little incentive to improve.

In terms of PIM features the only ones that I would love to have is the ability to check others calendars, book resources/invite attendees, and auto sync sub folders.
    It's close. The webOS email client doesn't support some of the HTML email encoding that iOS and Android clients support. But that lack of support has been trivial in my experience.