1.    #1  
    One thing im a little lost about with the whole HP takeover is the reaming Palm branding. I get the pre 2...but the veer still ships with the PALM name on its charging adapter...and the touchstone demo units also have PALM branding....

Maybe HP doesn't want to throw out adapters already made...thats fine but im sure a better solution would be to sell them to amazon for resale or something....

What we were assured is that HP would beb serious and bring the money to webos but this is a little confusing....i know some marketing guy or girl would loose their mind to know that there was some branding confusion so what gives?

THey have had 8 or 9 months to get chargers with an HP logo...are they sitting on their thumbs?

Anyone have any thoughts on this?
    I can only think of two scenarios:

1) They'd already manufactured hundreds of thousands of Palm-branded USB chargers, and don't consider it worth it to re-build all of them just to change the brand.

2) Only the early units have the Palm chargers for some reason, and the review units came from that batch.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    I can only think of two scenarios:

1) They'd already manufactured hundreds of thousands of Palm-branded USB chargers, and don't consider it worth it to re-build all of them just to change the brand.

2) Only the early units have the Palm chargers for some reason, and the review units came from that batch.
    Id like to say I think your first note is more likely....but for a company wanting to hit the market strong it doesn't leave a solid impression.

As a consumer i really dont care what branding it has....but it is an interesting topic when you try to go inside the collective HP mind

Personally, although I am dying to get ahold of the pre3....i feel that this is another kind of hold over until HPs plans are really seen....why put extra money into it when everything will completely change early next year...new phone design etc
    Quote Originally Posted by spork141 View Post
    why put extra money into it when everything will completely change early next year...new phone design etc
    why shower if you'll be dirty again tomorrow?
    The cost to re-tool accessories isn't where I want them to spend money. And if it were up to me, I'd tell tell them to keep the palm name somewhere an all of the hardware.
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    I think they're utilising the song very well: "I need a doctor...to bring me back to life". Subtle hints/reminders.
    NNJ