Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    upgrading will mean many fewerpatches available and slower **** speed. Yoou would only go to 2.1 if it has something you cant live without, such as voice dialing.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    upgrading will mean many fewerpatches available and slower **** speed. Yoou would only go to 2.1 if it has something you cant live without, such as voice dialing.

The speeds are slower? What else is negative about upgrading to 2.1? I only want to upgrade if 2.1 runs smoothly on my Sprint Palm Pre and has lots of advanced patches. If not, then I will just wait and hope Sprint gets some new WebOS devices.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    The speeds are slower? What else is negative about upgrading to 2.1? ...I will just wait and hope Sprint gets some new WebOS devices.
    Same here for me.
    Prē
  4.    #24  
    I just read on the WebOS Internals page (((WebOS 2.0 Patch Update Project))) that all 1.x patches should be ported over to 2.0. If the patches are ported, are we still going to get to use them on WebOS 1.4.5? Or does porting mean we are going to come to a point in the near future where the patches that work on our phones now, will stop working, and will only work if we have WebOS 2.0 or 2.1 installed?

I feel the same way as the2ndflood.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Man, I think you should calm down a little.

If you stay with 1.4.5, you can do so and everything available for 1.4.5 will be available till death. You can also upgrade to 2.1 via Meta Doctor which is relatively easy. Then you will have access to all the new stuff but not every patch available for 1.4.5 (not that I would have missed one so far).

Porting the patches means, the authors should create a version compatible with 2.1.

It's also not said that 2.1 will be slower. In its original state, it feels snappier. But there are also OC kernels available, starting with UberKernel to all the bleeding-edge kernels.

What's different in having 2.1 on a pre-/+ compared to a Pre2 is that you don't have fllash. It's possible to get it on your legacy device too, but i wouldn't suggest it. It's REALLY slow and a bit buggy, as the whole 2.1 is on Pre- compared to the Pre2 version.

But it's usable and after I upgraded when that was possible as a first-hour-user, I never downgraded.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Man, I think you should calm down a little.

If you stay with 1.4.5, you can do so and everything available for 1.4.5 will be available till death. You can also upgrade to 2.1 via Meta Doctor which is relatively easy. Then you will have access to all the new stuff but not every patch available for 1.4.5 (not that I would have missed one so far).

Porting the patches means, the authors should create a version compatible with 2.1.

It's also not said that 2.1 will be slower. In its original state, it feels snappier. But there are also OC kernels available, starting with UberKernel to all the bleeding-edge kernels.

What's different in having 2.1 on a pre-/+ compared to a Pre2 is that you don't have fllash. It's possible to get it on your legacy device too, but i wouldn't suggest it. It's REALLY slow and a bit buggy, as the whole 2.1 is on Pre- compared to the Pre2 version.

But it's usable and after I upgraded when that was possible as a first-hour-user, I never downgraded.
    Agreed on the calming down comment. The sky is not actually falling.

Things in the Preware feeds controlled by WebOS Internals (i.e. not the Palm, PreCentral or PreThemer feeds) remain there, they don't suddenly disappear. All 1.4.5 patches remain available as 1.4.5 patches.

-- Rod
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Agreed on the calming down comment. The sky is not actually falling.

Things in the Preware feeds controlled by WebOS Internals (i.e. not the Palm, PreCentral or PreThemer feeds) remain there, they don't suddenly disappear. All 1.4.5 patches remain available as 1.4.5 patches.

-- Rod
    Hearing this from you Rod calms me down. If you say the patches will remain, then they will remain. Thanks for putting my mind at ease

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12