View Poll Results: Stay for $50?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck yeah ... I'll wait it out with a new $50 Pre-.

    5 26.32%
  • No. Another Pre- is like a another hole in my head.

    12 63.16%
  • I'm not due to for an upgrade, but I'd buy a $50 Pre- anyway.

    2 10.53%
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    Quick Poll.

    So you have an upgrade burning a hole in your pocket. And your old, cracked, scratched, oreo-ing Pre- is about to fall out of that hole. How many of you jumping (or thinking of jumping) from Sprint Pre- to a different smart phone would rather hold out (and hold onto your upgrade coupon) for 6+ months IF you could get a new Sprint Pre- for $50?
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by arrasmith View Post
    Quick Poll.

    So you have an upgrade burning a hole in your pocket. And your old, cracked, scratched, oreo-ing Pre- is about to fall out of that hole. How many of you jumping (or thinking of jumping) from Sprint Pre- to a different smart phone would rather hold out (and hold onto your upgrade coupon) for 6+ months IF you could get a new Sprint Pre- for $50?


    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by arrasmith View Post
    Quick Poll.

    So you have an upgrade burning a hole in your pocket. And your old, cracked, scratched, oreo-ing Pre- is about to fall out of that hole. How many of you jumping (or thinking of jumping) from Sprint Pre- to a different smart phone would rather hold out (and hold onto your upgrade coupon) for 6+ months IF you could get a new Sprint Pre- for $50?
    Well, if the "I'm leaving WebOS if" messages mean anything, I'd say half the world's population has jumped ship.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  4. #4  
    Id buy another for 50 bucks.. but only a NEW one, not putting down 50 on a refurb, heard plenty of bad stories about those
  5. #5  
    If my pre- dies I'll will seriously look at switching to ATT to get a pre2.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    Well, if the "I'm leaving WebOS if" messages mean anything, I'd say half the world's population has jumped ship.
    It is almost as if there are more "I'm leaving" posts then actual Pre- phones that have been sold.

    I'm just curious if HP is missing out an a delaying action for losing what little market share they have. And at making some money on hardware that is sitting in a warehouse. The timing of lots of contracts running out before people have any new WebOS hardware to buy is rather bad for HP.

    I may be the only one thinking this way though.
    Last edited by arrasmith; 05/04/2011 at 03:25 PM. Reason: typos
  7. #7  
    If I'm leaving WebOS, I'll be leaving Sprint as all they carry is Android (might as well have a Windows phone). IOS is probably where I'll be headed (even though I'd have to pay more for monthly service).

    Sprint is failing on the WebOS front. Even as much as Verizon HATES WebOS, they'll still have them available for sale.

    As far as the poll is concerned, my choice isn't listed.
    Last edited by Achill3s; 05/04/2011 at 03:38 PM.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  8. #8  
    @ this point it not about jumping ship. My OG Pre is on life support and I'm getting new hardware when it kicks the bucket. If there is a new WebOS phone on Sprint by then I'm there. If not.....i guess I'll be using and Andriod phone for awhile. So I think most will be getting on other OS's out of needing new working hardware and sticking with certain carriers.....not jumping ship. Just tired of being docked!
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by arrasmith View Post
    It is almost as if there are more "I'm leaving" posts then actual Pre- phones that have been sold.

    I'm just curious if HP is missing out an a delaying action for losing what little market share the have. And making at least some money on hardware that is sitting in a warehouse. The timing lots of contracts running out before people have any new WebOS hardware to move to is rather bad for HP.

    I may be the only one thinking this way though.
    Actually, this falls on the carriers and not HP. The carrier has the last word on whether or not they will carry a device. Negotiations go both ways but the carrier has the final say. In my case, Sprint is the one who is failing in this aspect. The Kyocera Echo? Really? Who is doing the buying at Sprint, a retired Motorola Razor engineer? Fail.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  10. #10  
    I won't be getting another pre, i'll just go on to something else when/if my pre would have died.

    As said, ill get the nexus s, sell it when a pre3 comes out. Least ill have something to keep me busy. I'm still not expecting anything with sprint.
  11. Thead's Avatar
    Posts
    317 Posts
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    #11  
    My launch day Pre- is still doing just fine and as long as it doesn't have a fatal accident I'll be holding on to it until Sprint's next webos device. But as far as the poll goes, if I was considering switching, I would never pay $50 for a Pre- right now. A free one would keep me from switching, but I wouldn't pay $50 for a 2 year old phone that I know I'd be exchanging in 6 or fewer months.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Actually, this falls on the carriers and not HP. The carrier has the last word on whether or not they will carry a device. Negotiations go both ways but the carrier has the final say. In my case, Sprint is the one who is failing in this aspect. The Kyocera Echo? Really? Who is doing the buying at Sprint, a retired Motorola Razor engineer? Fail.
    That is true as far as Sprint not getting the Pre+, Pre2, Veer, and Pre3. Though I am hoping they get the Pre3. My question if more along the lines of ...

    "While I'm hoping for Sprint to get the Pre3 it would be nice to have a working WebOS phone. Wait, HP has Sprint WebOS phones for sale that Sprint doesn't even list on their website. Why can't HP help a guy out here?"

    And don't get me started on ... Verizon is CDMA. Sprint is CDMA. Wouldn't it be nice to have a bios level flash to register a Pixi+, Pre+, or Pre2 onto Sprint. Why should Sprint care what phone I use on their towers? As long as they get my automatic deposit.

Posting Permissions