Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Hey, so I doctored my ATT Pre Plus to Webos 2.1, and I can't hear the swish sound when you swipe up off the screen an app's card. Was this removed in Webos 2? I kinda liked it from 1.4.5 and would like to get it back. I see the pcm file in /usr/share/systemsounds/appclose.pcm and its like 33kb, so I'm assuming thats legit. I can hear other sounds like notifications, phone calls, etc.. and my mute switch is not on and I have system sounds On in the settings.

Any ideas?
    I seem to recall my swish sound disappearing sometimes on one of my webOS phones, but it was an uncommon thing. Stupid question: have you tried a restart?

My Pre2 running webOS 2.1.0 has the swish sound when closing apps.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Hey thanks for the input. I had restarted, but I just did it again and pulled the battery. Now it seems to be working. Thanks for the inspirational speech!
    Haha - no problem! Glad you got it back!
    You didn't by chance do anything with the voice dialing?
    There is a bug that causes it to disable all sounds or something. Restarting restores the sounds.

There are more in-depth threads on the issue, but maybe that is what caused yours to start with?

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  6. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Mine is on 2.1.0 and works sometimes but not always. I have confirmed all sound levels are turned up (including media) and have restarted. Still its intermittent when it works.
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    It is at a much lower volume on webOS 2.
    Nah, the possible volume is the same, you just have to set it in the sounds&ringtones app because system sounds are set to a quite low default value.

But there's definitely a bug here that will switch off system sounds at some point. I find myself restarting on a daily basis now because I can't live without my card swoosh anymore.
    there is definatly a bug related to voicedialing, if you use it once system sound wont work most of the time anymore until you reboot.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    it might have been caused by voice dialing, I used that once just to try it out, but can't remember when exactly it stopped. After getting the swoosh back I tried voice dialing again (since I heard about that bug), but swoosh stilled worked after so I'm not sure...
    Quote Originally Posted by zemoffm View Post
    it might have been caused by voice dialing, I used that once just to try it out, but can't remember when exactly it stopped. After getting the swoosh back I tried voice dialing again (since I heard about that bug), but swoosh stilled worked after so I'm not sure...
    I'd say 3/4 of the time I loose the sounds after using the voice dialing.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    I loose the swish sound usually after listen to music through headphone jack.. I would have to do a system reboot to fix the glitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by tnguy88 View Post
    I loose the swish sound usually after listen to music through headphone jack.. I would have to do a system reboot to fix the glitch.
    Me too. Everytime I plug my Pre into my stereo (I use BT headphones but my stereo only has a jack) the Voice Calling app is invoked and breaks the system sounds.