1.    #1  
    There is a new Neilsen blog about users usage of apps on their smart phones. Unfortunatley I cannot paste the link here as I have not hit my 10 posts yet. You can find it if you google the following:

"Consumers and Mobile Apps in the U.S.: All About Android and Apple iOS".

It came out some days ago, but can't see it reported anywhere. Sorry if I have missed an existing thread. It mentions Palm OS rather than WebOS, but I have assumed they mean WebOS. Even if not, WebOS will be in the "others" category, just below Palm and ahead of WP7 and BB.

We are third in terms of having apps on our phones and using them many times a day. Ahead of BB, WP7, etc. "Naturally", Android and iOS have come up top. But I think given the age of our hardware, the very, very small number of apps available for us, and the dire state of WebOS, we are doing extremely well!

Some might say that we have come third rather than last, as most of us are power users and are expected to use lots of apps and use them often. True, but Nokia has power users too. So does Windows. And we are still ahead of them.

This is a good indication that apps for WebOS can be more profitable to develop for developers and that there is a real demand for apps. Hopefully when Pre3 and Veer eventually arrive, the developers will have even more incentive to develop for WebOS.

I think with the launch of Pre3 and he Veer, things can only get better...
    Quote Originally Posted by Amohazab View Post
    This is a good indication that apps for WebOS can be more profitable to develop for developers and that there is a real demand for apps. Hopefully when Pre3 and Veer eventually arrive, the developers will have even more incentive to develop for WebOS.
    The problem is that this could be a relatively low power study, at least when factoring in webOS users, since there is such a small number of them. This introduces a greater possibility of sample error.

The profit is developers make is also related not just to the number of apps each user downloads, but also the number of users. If the user base isn't high, then the profitability will remain low.

Just saying.