Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    You know what irks me? Loyal (REALLY, REALLY loyal) Pre user. Switched to Sprint for the Pre (and I love Sprint so far!).

K, that being said, I am REALLY tired of my old tech phone. Yeah, it's a Franken PrePlus running 2.1 overclocked to 1.1ghz on Sprint. Whoo. It's still laggy, and sometimes it just does ... stupid random stuff.

I really REALLY want new hardware.

I'm a computer consultant, and sometimes when I pull out my Pre, others look at it and say "How cute, you still have a Palm Pre. Those things are terrible."

How about some LOVE ... TIRED of waiting. HPPPPPPAAAAAALLLMMMMMMM!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rposa View Post
    You know what irks me? Loyal (REALLY, REALLY loyal) Pre user. Switched to Sprint for the Pre (and I love Sprint so far!).

K, that being said, I am REALLY tired of my old tech phone. Yeah, it's a Franken PrePlus running 2.1 overclocked to 1.1ghz on Sprint. Whoo. It's still laggy, and sometimes it just does ... stupid random stuff.

I really REALLY want new hardware.

I'm a computer consultant, and sometimes when I pull out my Pre, others look at it and say "How cute, you still have a Palm Pre. Those things are terrible."

How about some LOVE ... TIRED of waiting. HPPPPPPAAAAAALLLMMMMMMM!!
    Only Tech people give you that response. Others don't know what type of phone it is and go "wow what's that." Just because they see it sitting on the touch stone charger.

I don't have a laggy phone, don't have a FrankenPre and my Pre is still going strong. I can't do some of the things that I like, because Sprint has closed it off (testing to and from sites: MSNBC, ESPN, Weather and traffic updates, and local news just to name a few), but I don't expect a phone that I got two years ago to be as top of the line as phones that came out a year or more after I bought my Pre.

In the Tech world three months after you buy something it's dated. Only loyalist can't or don't bother to find something that rivals what they purchased three months prior. For American users who are locked into two year contracts, we also look at other offerings and decide, "whatever is on offer will also be dated and I will have paid full price or early termination to get it 'pass'."

There is new hardware. I hear the Pre 2 and the Pre 3 are really good.
    There are lots and lots of techies and tech consultants in the world and lots of non-techies buy gadgets based on the advice they receive from their techie friends/cousins/etc. HP will ignore the opinion of techies at their peril.

My Pre (which I bought 2nd hand off ebay) is also going strong, sans a functioning loudspeaker/ringer, but the phone is still embarassing in many circles. Unfortunately I do not carry my touchstone around with me so cannot show it off.

I have found it hard to recommend the Pre2 to anybody, even though there are very good deals on it in the UK, because there are better deals and better phones around. Simple as that. I do show off the pre, but I do not recommend it at the end of the day, knowing otherwise I would be doing my friends a disservice.

The veer and the Pre3 will hopefully change that. But that is a big "hopefully" in my statement.

Commmmmmmmmmmooooooooooooooooooooon HP.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Amohazab View Post
    There are lots and lots of techies and tech consultants in the world and lots of non-techies buy gadgets based on the advice they receive from their techie friends/cousins/etc. HP will ignore the opinion of techies at their peril.

My Pre (which I bought 2nd hand off ebay) is also going strong, sans a functioning loudspeaker/ringer, but the phone is still embarassing in many circles. Unfortunately I do not carry my touchstone around with me so cannot show it off.

I have found it hard to recommend the Pre2 to anybody, even though there are very good deals on it in the UK, because there are better deals and better phones around. Simple as that. I do show off the pre, but I do not recommend it at the end of the day, knowing otherwise I would be doing my friends a disservice.

The veer and the Pre3 will hopefully change that. But that is a big "hopefully" in my statement.

Commmmmmmmmmmooooooooooooooooooooon HP.....
    Not having tried other smart phones, I don't recommend them. People around my office do consider me some-what of a techie even though I'm simply a super user. Perhaps that's why the person who came to my office was impressed and wanted to know what it was. I assure you, I don't carry around the touch stone to show it off. I use it so that I don't have to plug and unplug my phone to charge and take it on the go.

Friends will often hand me their blackberries or whatever type of phone they have and ask me to help with something. I explain that I've never owned their phone and sometimes I can help, sometimes I can't . I understand people love their blackberries, iPhones, and Droids. I can refer people to owners of those phones if people are considering them, but I don't recommend them.

I can recommend the Pre, because I haven't had issues with it and it has been a good user experience for me.
    You're obviously a tech type. Just get a Pre 2. You'll be running circles around their phones. Then, you can say, "How cute, you still have an (insert phone)."

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums