1.    #1  
    I want to know how many users Have WebOS 2.1 on there Phones, and when will the be OS used by the majority of WebOS users
    There have been other threads on this that used a poll but participation was poor. I still use 1.4.5 myself.
    I was at 2.1, reverted back to 1.4.5, due to some issues I was having with my media not showing up, deleted a version of Music Player Remix, that supposedly I was never supposed to be able to get(v2.0.14), and consequently could not download either version as "apparently" both the v1.4.5 and v2.0.14 were unsupported formats for my device.

It was a fun trial of 2.1, lots of things I liked, but the endless battles with fighting lag were getting tiresome, part of the problem with only having 256k RAM, even with compcache, and the stupid bug with media permissions.

Here's to hoping something new comes out before my Pre packs it in, but for $100 no contract, I could easily just buy another Pre to hold me over until the good stuff comes out
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I was at 2.1, reverted back to 1.4.5, due to some issues I was having with my media not showing up, deleted a version of Music Player Remix, that supposedly I was never supposed to be able to get(v2.0.14), and consequently could not download either version as "apparently" both the v1.4.5 and v2.0.14 were unsupported formats for my device.

It was a fun trial of 2.1, lots of things I liked, but the endless battles with fighting lag were getting tiresome, part of the problem with only having 256k RAM, even with compcache, and the stupid bug with media permissions.

Here's to hoping something new comes out before my Pre packs it in, but for $100 no contract, I could easily just buy another Pre to hold me over until the good stuff comes out
    Original Sprint Pre's in my area are running well below $100. I'm still looking for a deal on a VZW version for a development/play/backup phone but I'm looking to pick one up cheap so I keep my eye on Craigslist...
    That's just the going rate from Bell, out of the box. I suppose I could go shop around at some garage sales , but I'd rather have a brand new shiny one, with nobody else's dirty fingerprints on it

hmm...$149 on Bell.ca...I could have sworn somebody mentioned on this site a few days ago that they had dropped to $100....well....I could put up with a few fingerprints, I suppose depends on the deal.
    Last edited by sledge007; 05/03/2011 at 07:09 AM.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    That's just the going rate from Bell, out of the box. I suppose I could go shop around at some garage sales , but I'd rather have a brand new shiny one, with nobody else's dirty fingerprints on it
    Agreed. Great price there.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    There have been other threads on this that used a poll but participation was poor. I still use 1.4.5 myself.
    Could you please reference me to those threads, and still i need more information so in the US people with Pre 2 and Pre Plus are mostly running 1.4.5 or 2.1 ???
    Last edited by Ahmed Youssef; 05/03/2011 at 07:34 AM. Reason: mising question mark
    Those threads won't tell you the whole picture. The majority of Pre users don't even know about this site. I'm willing to bet less than 200 people have 2.1 on their Legacy devices. Just my opinion, but I'm probably not too far off.
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ta-doctor.html

Go to the bottom of post #1 and count the number of people that hit the "Thanks" button, that should give you a ballpark number
    Another option would be to find out if the browser reports different string for 2.1 vs. 1.4.5 and if so ask the folks here and at other Pre centric sites to give you stats on unique ip addresses from 2.1 vs. 1.4.5 devices.
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ta-doctor.html

Go to the bottom of post #1 and count the number of people that hit the "Thanks" button, that should give you a ballpark number
    There are also 2.0.1 users that might be of interest - the Verizon Pre2 users for example.