1.    #1  
    So am I the only one that feels like open cards leave this nagging, uneasy feeling that must be dealt with by the up-swipe and closing them? There's just a natural tendency of wanting to close open cards... er, what good then is multi-tasking? Ok, I admit, it's sort of a mental block... But the other reason is that it's so easy to accidentally close apps.

To address this, what I'd love to see is a mode to minimize all cards so that you just see the wallpaper. Like in Windows, you can minimize all the open windows so you just see desktop. The the notification area can display an icon if you have open apps in minimized mode and also list of all open apps. I know, that's treading the likeness of Android with the task managers and all but there are some things I think are useful and this is one of them.

Anyone else feel the same?
    The way I see it, cards are things you're doing at that moment. So while they're open, you're using them and there's no need to hide them. When you're done with one, you swipe it away.
    Check out Movie Diary.
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    I'm of two minds on this. Laoh -- I partially agree with you, but, have pretty much moved into using WebOS like reflex describes (read: I like having all open cards 'in my face').

The good news -- if it bugs you and you still feel your screen is cluttered, there are a few decent options open to you:
    -WebOS 2.x -- from the looks of it (I'm still on 1.4.5), stacks go a long way to organizing what you have in-hand
    -ClearCard -- I haven't used this, but, if you don't want to see your open cards, this should do the trick from a clean look perspective.
    Palm History: Sony Clie T615C --> T|X --> Pre+ --> Pre3 Aspirations -->
    Clearcard works very well for somewhat addressing this issue. Well worth the purchase.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by cmahy View Post
    I'm of two minds on this. Laoh -- I partially agree with you, but, have pretty much moved into using WebOS like reflex describes (read: I like having all open cards 'in my face').

The good news -- if it bugs you and you still feel your screen is cluttered, there are a few decent options open to you:
    -WebOS 2.x -- from the looks of it (I'm still on 1.4.5), stacks go a long way to organizing what you have in-hand
    -ClearCard -- I haven't used this, but, if you don't want to see your open cards, this should do the trick from a clean look perspective.
    Well see, I like having apps open (you should see the look of shock of my co-workers' faces when they see the dozens of open apps on my PC)... I just don't like the cards just "sitting there", hence the want to hide them. I'm still on 1.4.5 so I don't have any experience with stacks but I don't think stacks will solve the issue... at least for me....
    Quote Originally Posted by guerillatwang View Post
    Clearcard works very well for somewhat addressing this issue. Well worth the purchase.
    "Pane Free" is just that.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    I prefer to support developers whenever possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    or "Multi Pane" if you'd like some additional features, like multiple panes and the ability to display the time and/or the date on the pane.
    I also find myself flinging cards away to close them, not really planning to (and often knowing that I'll be using that app again very soon). I have actually been making a great effort to NOT close my apps recently. I don't like how refreshing an app (ex. Facebook) takes way longer than it does to just fling the card away & reopen it though.

I do like the OP's idea, or maybe having smaller cards along the lower half of the screen and not right in the middle.

Or..... What about having those smaller cards visible on the bottom of the screen while another card is in focus? Like layers! It would replace the need for the wave bar and the 'switch between cards' gesture. You could, in a sense, be working on something and see info. on other open cards at the same time. Then just swipe down to make the little cards hide. Reminds me of 'live tiles', but I a more workable, attractive form!
    Last edited by doodad64; 05/02/2011 at 02:40 PM.