1.    #1  
    Hi, I was thinking about a way to make a daily automatic backup of my stuff out of the device using email, for example doing a script that would run at specific time and would:

1. zip the folder to be sent (maybe the saverestore or something else).
    2. email that to my email.

How to schedule a script to run? I saw no 'crontab' or 'at' works.
    How to zip the folder? I have zip and unzip installed through preware, I can "unzip file.zip" but not zip.
    How to send an email(with attachment) using the webos email client through command-line?

Tks for any help,
    Sergio
  2. ct1
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Ugh. Why email?

How about upload into a Dropbox folder?
  3.    #3  
    What ugh about email, with Gmail you have room for storage, and using filters and labels you can have it well organized, much easier then setting a Dropbox, you already have email, and it's supposed to be esier to be implemented, provided WebOS have the scheduling, ziping and emailing command-line possibilities.
    You'll need to copy zip from folder /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/bin to folder /usr/bin so it will be globally available (unzip is already in the /usr/bin folder).
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  5.    #5  
    Is it possible to command line upload to dropbox?
  8.    #8  
    I'm not looking for how to create a backup, that I already have, what i want is to automatically store that bkup somewhere out of the device.